Sunday, November 10, 2019

Daily Notes- November 10

                                                 

I added borders.  One set (the stripe) on Friday and the second border last night (a bit less neatly).  Well, evening.  I tore the strips hoping they were "close" to even but welcomed the uneven-ness.  I ran out on the bottom edge and had to improvise.  Hasn't been pressed.  Yet.  I do love that part most of all.  The hot iron, spray starch and a good long press.  The Virgo, present and accounted for.

Anon: water in puddles.  Dogs drink out of puddles.  Riley has forever been given meds to counteract the propensity of dogs to drink out of puddles large and small (he used to swim in one or two of those large puddles back in the days when it rained here).  It is well known that the larger water filled areas behind my house (swampy) contain deer pee.

 On evening walks with Riley we watch deer cross the road ahead of us, peeing and pooping as they walk.  I think Readers of this blog who live in other states have deer in their yards as well. Their dogs are likely vaccinated as is Riley.

The newspaper had a few laughs in it.  My oatmeal was a bit more soupy than I like.  My banana was very nice.  My coffee- trying to get used to the new spoons- so sometimes too weak and others days too strong.  Not finding the "just right" spot.  G brought one of my favorite sweaters down from the Attic- some animals had eaten holes in it over the Summer.  Mice or chipmunks.  Made me very sad. And now I know ALL clothing needs to be in heavy plastic storage containers. I will try to do some Boro type mending on the sweater but I think it might be a total loss. Its' been a long, long time since Goodwill had any good natural fiber sweaters in my size.  I had thought about buying the small sweaters and forming a patchwork sweater out of the larger pieces.  But the colors never were compatible.  Or the fiber content.  Daughter gave me a natural fiber large scarf- I could cut and sew it into something I can wear.  That's something I can consider.  Just rectangles sewn together.

G needs to pound in the tall sticks along the edges of the drive and walks-so he knows where to snowblow when it starts snowing.  The soil seems frozen so he may have waited too long.

I have a re-scheduled coffee date tomorrow morning the only day this week when the wintery mix isn't forecast.  I am waiting to see if the pharmacy gets in any high risk flu shots--I haven't had mine yet and it's getting scary.   I was healthy enough not to have my October appointment with the lung doctor- so no shot there this year.  G had his. And the booster dose of the Shingles vaccine is due or past due. I had the first and the second is supposed to be given in exactly 90 days.

Well, I am going to go iron this cloth and then-  don't know.  I walked Riley at 8:30am and now he thinks he needs to go out again.  Three hours- might just be boredom.  He ate yesterday evening (I added peanut butter) but is refusing the same meal this morning.  I think he is just getting bored.   Or its a nervous barking tick he has developed.  It's always something new.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Joanne, I had my first shingles vaccine last week at the Hannaford, the person giving the shot said we'll let you know when your second one is available anywhere from two weeks to a year!! That's strange