Friday, November 22, 2019

Daily Notes- November 22

                                      

Sewn together as I listened to the testimony of Fiona Hill on PBS.  Not sure the entire strip of coral at the bottom was a good choice but easy enough to remove.  I reverse appliquéd it.  You can't see it in the picture but it slopes upward in a curve which I couldn't do with a quarter inch turned seam.  The pale gray blue under is a folded square of the earliest of the grape juice trials.  I am also enjoying the ragged edge to the right.  Gives me things to consider as this goes forward (after going backward).

I am finding the small square (ish) format to be workable right now.  Not too much to think about.  Just holding scraps up against what is sewn and then cutting and sewing.  Nothing about the Future in anything.  Just the Time I am sewing.

A message left on the phone while I was out walking.  Ashes are ready for pick-up.  I have unused meds to drop off as well.  I won't mention this to G.  Just pick up the box.  I have the covers for the other two dog beds in the dryer and then G can drop the beds off at the shelter.

I cooked yesterday- I also burned it but that didn't seem to bother G.  He ate the food anyway.  He was out most of the day with the leaf blower on his back getting the rest of the leaves and acorns off the lawn- front and back.  I went out for a short Time and finished emptying the shredded blue tarp of leaf mulch.  Been there two years.  I had been scooping up a few armfuls at a Time to cover the compost I added to the bins during those two years.  But at the rate I was going the blue trap would be a permanent feature.  So, I just got it done.

It's difficult to get anything done.  Just the thought of starting something is hard to formulate.  But we think we'll drive to Trader Joe's- and G has agreed to drive on US 1 and not the interstate.  I need more dark chocolate caramels.


1 comment:

deemallon said...

Dark chocolate caramels -- good medicine! I love the upsloping warm patch. I, too, am experimenting with combining applique with patchwork (also hand and machine stitch). The result is I constantly feel like I don't know what I'm doing! Will this square be dedicated to Riley?