Thursday, June 06, 2019

Daily Notes- June 6th


Not rose time yet but I didn't have anything else that felt as "pretty" as today feels here in Maine. It rained all night.  So everything is green and fresh.  My squash plants are still upright.  I had worried before sleep that the rain would beat them down over night.  The Best weather for new transplants. Cloudy with a chance of rain. The sunshine comes and goes. I can almost hear the grass growing.

Wu Peng from last year is now twice as wide (3 feet) as it was last June--Wu has a lot of catching up to do to reach it's suggested adult size of 20 feet tall and wide.  But my news is that my Chinese Tree Peony has double the flowers this year.  Four are open.  More still buds.  We'll see.  It's so amazing and I thank the tree for it's beauty..... yes, I go out and thank it for persevering and it's continued efforts to stay alive thru so many transplants as I tried to find it a happy spot.  Well, it's happy now.  Me, too.

I was thinking all day yesterday that I needed to find some indigo blue cloth. A very soft indigo blue cloth. Nothing new or stiff or commercial looking.  And this morning I was taking apart two pairs of vintage linen pants I will never fit into, and I thought--is it still there in the closet?   It was.  Hidden from view was a very large 100% Irish Linen indigo blue shirt.  Soft.  So very soft.  Old. At least 20 years or 25.  I often tried to wear this shirt but it is so long that it looked like a nightshirt on me.  Now it is cut into soft lovely large pieces and the cut off scraps are in the blue scraps pile on the floor in the sewing room.  I had forgotten I had it.  But I asked and the Universe reminded me that it was there.  I just had to look.

I think I can begin my class project now.

The Daily Family Walk (as a friend calls it) was very nice.  So many mosquitos.  But I have a new net hat cover to wear and can see better.  A finer net.  Riley went swimming twice-once in the deeper pool he struggles to get out of.  He was beginning to weaken when he finally got out. G would have lead him to an easier exit point if he couldn't figure it out.  He was told not to go in.

I also had a nice walk with my friend yesterday along the Maine Street thru Town and then we stopped for something to drink and she told me about the movie she had seen this week - Rocketman. Monday there is a super cheap retired people ticket at the local.

I should be vacuuming.  All the floors look dusty.  Riley is sitting on his bed next to me and he doesn't think the vacuum is a good idea.  He and I will look at each other for awhile and decide who is doing what.

No comments: