Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Daily Notes- June 25th


Another pairing.  Just that center part.  The white is just cloth on the desk-the striated desk wood. So often the surface on which I place things throws off the components.  Into turmoil.  I need a neutral base on which to place things.  These are two shirts from the dump.  Torn into components. Neither looks good by itself.

It's going to be a noisy, busy day around here.  The Plumber ("I've come to fix the sink"- from Sesame Street 40 plus years ago) is arriving in minutes to install the last four radiators.  Or, one of them and then disappearing again for 12 months.  Who knows anymore.  It's Maine.  People are singularly peculiar.  And very kind and nice.  The Plumber is a very nice man.

I woke up to sunshine and a lovely breeze.  Riley and I walked the yard and went to get the morning paper from the box by the street.  We also pulled the recycling container back up to the garage.  I am happy the container we use now has wheels.  Riley rolled in the grass and then helped me "go look" at the new plantings.  Seven Grow boxes of Tomatoes.  I did them yesterday and the three ornamental containers.

G and I switched off. He stayed in with the dog while I worked and then I came in washed off and sat with the dog and G went to do his work in the garage.  Off and on as the day went.  Watching soccer while we were in.  The dog doesn't like to be alone.  Its aggravating but Riley has been a very good dog for many years.  It's a small thing to do now--- take turns going out to do garden or garage work.

One of my "on my own" trips today will be to the grocery.  I am washing gardening clothing every day and running out of washing detergent.  With the washer/dryer in the master bath room (in it's very own room with a door)--where the dirty clothes are (in a very nice woven basket)--it's easy enough to put a wash on after my shower and then into the dryer later when I visit the bathroom.  I fold in the morning.  Or if I have been diligent-- just before bed.

The best part-for someone like me--I get to wear the very same pants and shirt every day.  Fresh and clean every morning.  Just like when I worked.  Same clothes every single day.

That's it for now.  The Plumber found the Weber grill in the basement and brought it up for us.  I told you he was a very nice guy.  So when I go to the grocery I'll buy some charcoal.  We even had one of those chimney thing to light the charcoal.  Like a pitcher you stuffed with some newspaper and the briquets.  I'll ask if he remembers it.

I should have remembered to pull one of the cars out of the garage and have it at the end of the driveway.  But I didn't.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Those radiators! I'd forgotten all about them!