Sunday, June 02, 2019

Daily Notes- June 2nd


Today's Goodwill haul.  One dollar each.  The dark ones in the center are shot cottons.  There were more but I didn't like the colors --perhaps I should have given them a chance?  My first time seeing or owning a shot cotton.  The pink and white dotted and the last golden one on the left were actually $2 as they are much larger pieces of cloth. The greenish/golds and corals will be new additions to the color line in the Magic Closet.  Someday I'll find aqua or turquoise.  I don't have any.  And I got a rose colored linen shirt-to cut up-- for $1.

There was also a piece of cloth with baseballs--I think that one is on it's way to Connie.

The dress section of the Goodwill was loaded with small and medium dresses.  All from the same closet.  You can tell when the same person chooses. Over a hundred dresses.

It's rainy and wet.  Yesterday I had to wear a full net shirt (even covering my hat) to keep the mosquitos off me.  Today will be worse as there is lots of standing water in the woods and that's where the mosquitos breed and they need blood to do that.

Paula was correct--the Euphorbia is a pest plant but it won't overwinter here --the cold will kill it so I'll enjoy it for one season and--READ the tags--before buying next time.

My daughter asked me to pick up- yet another- bag of mending and repairing. She had me patch the knees of some handpainted (by her) canvas painter's pants that she wears to work.  Now I have to unsew an embroidered logo off a fleece jacket.  There's something else in the bag but I stopped listening at unsew an embroidered logo.

I was going to take a picture of the blocks on the back side of the cloth we auditioned a few days ago. I'm not sure I helped this project any by re-making the four small blocks inside the first borders. I'm not sure about the project at all right now.  Picture tomorrow.  I seem to have lost the thread as they say.


3 comments:

Annie said...

Love all of that fabric from your Goodwill visit!

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Yay! Baseballs! For you or for me.

Lyn said...

A rose color linen shirt to cut up ?? Seems a shame .😉. Other fabric is lovely.