Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Daily Notes- June 19th


Baby Dots.  It's working title.  My finished measurements will be 36 by 42.  I am at 38 inches.  Up/down right now and still have some strips.  I had intended to cut this into squares.  And space it out with single squares.  But I digressed.  I just kept coming into the sewing room to do a few more strips and that continued into this morning.  Now I think borders and done.  It's colorful and busy.

Last night's Music Theater performance was a disappointment.  Something was wrong.  Either the cast was pissed off with each other or someone had walked off (they started 15 minutes late).  Had to be replaced.  Or they were all just bored.  They have four more days on the schedule for this one.

At intermission I went to find the bathrooms.  Met someone and said to her--I think I know you from somewhere.  She replied "I feel the same about you". Turns out I had planted her Summer hanging baskets for a couple of years at work.  She said she had been "very disappointed" by the work last summer and did the baskets herself this year. About this time her husband walked over and added "we did them just like you did".  She said the younger people have no idea how to do anything or answer any questions.  I guess they never stood to the side and listened to someone who knew what was what.  It's how I learned. My entire first summer.  I listened and watched. But then I assumed I was working the next summer alone (I was).  They expect to not be. Working.

Daughter "dog sat" with Riley while we were out.  It wasn't easy.  He panted. He drooled.  He wanted the television on, She didn't.  She wanted to read on the second couch He wanted her on the first couch.  She was more than ready to pack up and go when we drove up the driveway.  Just like having two aggravating children in the house again.  One breathing on the other.

It's overcast, muggy and BUGGY today.  I see a bit of Sun poking thru which will increase the humidity.  G is playing word search games on his phone and napping.  Riley is napping.  No one seems interested in doing the walk today.  Riley would/might enjoy Ride in the Car with the A/C on.
I wanted to watch Women's Soccer but Fox has decided to air the Men's Games in Poland.

It's only June.  It's only the middle of June.

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I have also found that the younger people are more interested in there devices than anything else. It's been extraordinarily cooler here. They are predicting snow on the Fourteener peaks for the weekend. I wonder if Trail Ridge will ever melt this year? At least we haven't had any mosquitoes.

Annie said...

The baby quilt is coming along nicely, I like that.