Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Daily Notes- June 26th


During the soccer yesterday, the Plumber and the Rain which seems endless this year, I managed to sew a bit on this pairing.  The marked cloth is my first attempt at rust on cloth.  I stitched the pairing to the cloth with the narrow strips on either side.  African mud cloth.  I see many faces in the rust cloth.  And to the far right lower edge I see the shape of one of Jude's cats.  Two ears and long body and even two feet. Jude's influence?

The class project was with green fabric scraps.  I seem to be stuck in Earth.  But I am drawn to what looks like a rusty horse wearing sunglasses to the right top of the African sewn strip. Which is quite amusing.  I have no idea what to do next.  Suggestions welcomed.

I am reading my Paris Murder Mystery with the two amateur women doing detective work.  They spend quite a bit of Time eating the French Lunch and drinking coffee or hot chocolate.  It is Winter in Paris.  One ordered the chocolate torte with mint sauce after eating a salad Nicoise.  Neither menu item is of interest to me.

The Plumber got three of the new European radiators attached to the living/dining room walls.  Now I am wanting to call the guys back to add baseboards and the painter back to cover the French distressed yellow walls with white.  Lots and lots of white.

While writing my Morning Pages I discussed (with myself) the need for packing/moving boxes and packing paper.  I want to wash and pack every little knick-knack in the book shelving. I want to send the Chinese Tea Sets and the Irish Cottage Tea Set to somewhere as well.   I want to haul the chairs out to Goodwill.  This is when--as my son laments-he wishes he had instructed me on E-Bay usage years and years ago when these things had an interested following.  I watch Antiques Roadshow.  These things are of no interest to the buying people my children's ages.  Late 40's.  And the people in their 30's are so poor they have to live with their parents while paying student loans and earning minimum wages.  And what would any of them do with a Tea Set?

I may take pictures and show them to the owners of the little shop in Town.  A friend sold them her collection of watering cans.  They expressed interest in my antique quilts--for cutting them up to make pillows.  That hurt my heart too much at the time.  Perhaps less now???  But on the Roadshow the quilts of the 30's are not worth anything.  That ship has sailed as they say.

Just as blogging is going by the wayside and Instagram takes the lead.  Easier.  Only two or three lines of words.  Or just the picture.

No comments: