Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Daily Notes- June 18th


Magic Attic.   I went up looking for dots on a white background.   Evidence of many black dots on white in this picture. Top right and middle bottom.   I ended up digging thru storage tubs and came up with only four.  Makes six and I will make a trial strip to see if there's enough interest.  Visual and personal.

White background as the ones from Goodwill on Sunday had a white background which doesn't play well with a solid primary background.  Well, it would but I don't feel like pushing boundaries.

I am thinking of making strips, sewing them together and then cutting the strips into squares, sewing the squares together into long columns, sewing the columns together into a quilt shaped rectangle.  Modern.  My very first "modern" quilt.  I like the simplified look of them.  But now that I consider it--I am reminded that most of the moderns have one very dark or stark fabric in the mix.  Edgy.  So I will consider an edgy fabric.  Tons of those in the closet.

Yesterday was sunny, warm and breezy.  Just perfect.  Today is dismal, cloudy, buggy and chilly.  Perfect for growing grass and weeds.(I have on my Winter corduroy pants) The garden seems to enjoy cloudy and damp as well.  Everything I have planted looks happy.  Not productive or tall or anything.  Just happy.  My tomato plants--the ones looking pale and slow last week--have suddenly decided to be tall and green and start making flowers which equals tomatoes.  I need to get them into permanent housing.

We cut the grass yesterday--late afternoon into early evening.  Got lots of mosquito bites on my rear end.  The tastiest part of myself I guess.  The largest for sure.  We added three new ticks to the calendar in the past two days.  I think they come in on the dog.  We pet the dog and scratch his ears and .....ticks on us.  None have set up housekeeping and exchanged blood.  On us.  Riley has medicine in his system that kills them if the do that on him.   I managed to do a slight right curve to my straight lines while cutting the grass.  G didn't notice or just kept quiet.  I had to do all my own edges.  He usually does but he was looking very tired.  So I just did it myself.

Riley has been sleeping more since he started on the Amoxicillin.  Must be easing some of the liver inflammation.  Not fixing it.  Just making it easier for him to put up with.  Nothing is going to fix it. Tomorrow will be a full week.  So still early days.  But it's been nice to see him sleeping and calm. He is also enjoying watching Woman's Soccer in the afternoons.  With me.  Of course.

No comments: