Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Daily Notes- June 12th


Finding Center.  A thread from "eye" to "heart" to "prayer".  I like having a cloth to work on.  A place to go when things are happening too fast, not happening fast enough or just not having anything to do.  Well, things I don't want to do.  I have plenty of that.


I'm thinking-late in the process or sooner-- a bead hanging from the tail of that thread.  I have begun folding back the white backing cloth.  I wasn't sure I would get any Harem cloth, so I went ahead and used some white cloth -soft- the cloth I use for the eco printing.  The white makes it hard to see the work.  I see the white.  So, folded back and will probably be cut after I do a basting stitch around the edges as I saw today on the class video.  I added a new piece of the Irish blue shirt next to the eye circles.  To carry the cloth up and thru.  I am hoping when the white backing cloth is "less" I will be happier with the white and blue strip under the brown/black eye.  I can always remove and replace. Or cover it with a new cloth.  And do I want the T-shape or will I fill in the top?

It's always a journey when making these free form cloths.  You start at A and move confidently to B and C and then realize that A needs work which then means B needs to be serviced as well and then start not liking C at all.  And suddenly D is taking up all the oxygen.  Then E is where it all begins to make some sort of sense.  And of course-A. B and C--are in trouble again.

But that is sort of how living one's Life is.  Isn't it.

I walked down to the Garden late in the afternoon yesterday.  The rain had stopped and a nice breeze was blowing the mosquitos away.  So I gathered my seeds and sprinkled them.  Cilantro, dill, arugula and basil.  If they don't sprout, I'll buy little 9 packs and plant them in the beds.  Overnight, there was enough moisture in the soil to soften the seeds.  And the garden is still dewy in the early morning with only a small bit of eastern sun.  Now at 10am--full sun exposure.  I still need to plant some sunflower seeds for the birds.  Something to make amends for not allowing them any blueberries this summer.  The bushes are loaded with berries.  I fertilized at just the best/perfect moment this year. Same with the rhubarb.  First time ever that I have stalks I can pull.

G is at the lung doctor's for his annual appointment.  When he left he was already confused.  I stayed home only because Riley has a Vet appointment this morning and I will be taking him.  I should be there with G.

The lawn mower is fixed.  No longer making the very strange noise.  Some metal was rubbing inside something.  They say it's stopped.  Now.  We haven't picked up the mower as yet--so don't know if that's true.

G went out to get a pizza for dinner yesterday and I had some and gained back the 1.5 pounds overnight.  Salt. I guess that's why restaurant food tastes so good.  So much salt. Over half of the pizza is in the fridge.  We never eat as much of the restaurant pizza as we do of my homemade pizza.

I haven't been cooking.  A total lack of interest in cooking.  As long as there is pasta and a sauce of some kind--G is happy.  I leave it at that.  Making a sauce for him is easy enough.  We ran out of sauce and that's why he went for pizza.

Time to start prepping the dog for "Ride in the Car" to the Vet's office.  My car.  Which he may or may not decide to jump into.  I have 45 minutes to figure it out.


No comments: