Monday, June 17, 2019

Daily Notes- June 17th


An antique quilt-hand pieced and hand quilted.  A double size.  If anyone is interested in owning it, let me know.  I have several and I'm thinking I will put one up here every so often and see if they can go to new homes and actually get used.  Perfect condition.  More photos can be taken. But this gives you a good idea of the color story.

We're using a quilt I made from a book of old patterns.  Twin size.  G is using it on the couch.  Another quilt is used for naps.  Yellow and white but well used and worn thin in places when I purchased it.  A store in Town wanted to buy it for cutting up and making small stuffed toys for babies.  I had "plans" at one Time for a guest room with two twin beds and layers of double sized quilts.  Most of the old 30's quilts were double sized.  And I collected 30's quilts.

I went up into the Magic Attic for polka dots on white backgrounds.  For the baby quilt.  It would be really "'quiet" for a quilt I put together.  Not a bad idea.  Something new for me.  Usually my baby quilts are a RIOT of colors.  I will add black and white.  Babies love black and white.

My daughter returned a bag of shirts I had given her.  Two Gap shirts.  Smooth, soft white cotton button fronts-long sleeves (I roll them up).  I threw everything in the washer.  Then the dryer.  I have one of the Gap shirts on now.  Wondering why I gave them away.  Fits perfectly.  Soft.  I think I will remove the chest pocket.  It really is a comfortable shirt--no tugging or pulling across the great expanse that is my chest these days.  I had thought women in their 70's had flat deflated chests.  I was looking forward to it and am disappointed every morning as I button my shirts.

My ears and nose seem to be following the plan.  Getting larger as I grow older.

We had a lovely dinner yesterday.  The marinated steak tips, mushrooms, red and orange grilled peppers and a red onion grilled in wedges.  The steamed rice was perfect.  The grill gave up toward the end and it is well and truly DEAD.

Today's topic in the Morning Pages-- I have decided to choose something said on TV or in the paper and write about it--was said on Law and Order.  "The first half of life is ruined by our parents and the second half ruined by our children".  Feel free to write a paragraph or three pages on that.  I agreed that my parents ruined the first half of my life (and wrote in detail regarding that) but my children have been a blessing-though neither is married or attached in any way and neither EVER wanted a child.  So, I have to take some blame for that I think.  Perhaps I ruined their lives????  I'll write about that tomorrow.


2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

The dinner menu made me ravenous. I was going to go out someplace to eat tomorrow. Instead, I'm going to cook this. We had a gas grill, which died a while back. Replaced it with one of those little round buggers that need charcoal. Guess what? Everything tastes better. I think I'll do street corn instead of rice....thanks!

Paula, the quilter said...

I have a Double Wedding Ring quilt that my grandmother made using that very yellow in the background. I like the yellow, it's cheery. I have made 2 Grandmother's Flower Garden quilts. They are the perfect handwork project.