Monday, June 10, 2019

Daily Notes- June 10th


A good day for the porch and a rocking chair--if only the mosquitoes would take the day off....

Maine is going to 80 degrees today.  I had many plans for being outside but will be inside doing dusting, window washing and other things.  Right now I am sitting here typing to get Riley calmed down/cool from the walk.  I think it will a daily "thing".  Walk and then Internet Calming.

I pinned my class project to the wall behind the ironing board.  I can step back from there enough feet to get a good idea if things are working or not.  It looked okay.  No story there as yet but okay.  Jude had a photo of her outdoor Buddha. And I read about prayer flags.   And while standing in front of the ironing board--I decided to try a few prayer flags on the piece.  I pinned them before the walk and now after the walk and posting--I'll go look at them--see if it still works.   I used a very colorful piece of cloth I found in the one dollar, last chance bin at Goodwill.  Woven squares of red, orange, gold, blue and blue/green.  The flag colors from the website- red, green, yellow, blue and white.

The piece says more about spiritual growth and inner conflict than it says about Spring.

At least I have a cloth to be working on and thinking about.

We have the ceiling fans on.  They are moving very slowly and I am wondering what is going on with that.  But it's enough to cool the dog down.

We watched the last set of the Paris Tennis yesterday.  Long plays until wham, got you!  The young guy will be much harder to beat next time.

I have all my empty orange juice bottles filled with water for the plants on the porch and for the plants next to the garage.  They need watering twice a day now.  After breakfast and again at around 2 or 3 pm.  In a few weeks, it will be three times a day.  G is trying to fix the garden sprinkler system as it isn't working right now.  I haven't planted up my containers yet.  I have to decide where they are going.  And when I do--I have more orange juice bottles to fill with water.  Two or three full bottles beside each container.  It's easier for me.  I see them needing water and I can get it too the plant quickly.  Which is how we did it in the greenhouse.  Dozens of watering cans full of water.

That's it for me.  I am off to the grocery store as soon as G comes inside.  White tea.  Yogurt. Melatonin.  Pay as you throw Town garbage bags.

No comments: