Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Daily Notes- June 4th


A different way to look at chairs.  I'm now going to find some smooth black drawing paper and use my white chalk ink pens to draw chairs.  I think there is a chalkboard paper available as an art supply.

Today I was back to my "sweet spot".   I helped M with her two window boxes.  I met G+M at work in the greenhouse.  They came in with a photo of a window box they wanted and asked if I could make it for them.  I looked at the picture-and we had the plants in stock--so I made the boxes for them.  They were the stars of the community where they lived.  I didn't think they made a video of me making the box but someone did.  Each year, after that they came in with a picture.  Each year we had fun identifying all the plants and planting the window boxes.  

This year she sent me a file from Pinterest (so I could figure out the plants) and we met at the greenhouse.  Then I followed her home and I planted the flowers in the boxes.  Just like the picture.  I loved every minute.

I have tried very hard to "treat" myself to over the top mixtures of annuals in my planter boxes.  Last year the 3 planters were really nice and the deer didn't eat any of them.  I have my plants lined up on the deck-in the sunshine--like a small nursery.  G finished sifting the roots out of the ProMix potting soil so now I am ready to get to work.  I just have to decide what goes where.

I purchased zucchini and yellow squash seedlings for my bread and butter zucchini pickles.  Six green and three yellow.  They are in the raised bed I usually have for my bell peppers.  It's supposed to rain overnight so they should get settled in nicely.  In fact, its supposed to rain lightly the next three days.

I promised our investment banker to spend some money on an Amazon Prime membership so I can watch new stuff on television.  Netflix doesn't have anything I want to watch anymore.  I don't know where Netflix went wrong--we used to be able to watch so many good foreign mystery series.  I will finish watching the Marie Condo tidying series and the Chef's Table series--but I'll watch the first three years not the latest ones-ugh!  It would be so nice to find a good movie to watch.  But No!

So that was today.  Our Dairy Queen can't find employees.  And if I want to continue to have my Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzards--I will need to have an ingredient card to hand to any temp/new employee. OMG!!!  I had one today for dinner.

No comments: