Monday, June 03, 2019

Daily Notes- June 3rd


Here are nine of the blocks-the only nine that "play well together" on top of the back side of the green none of you liked with the block.  Upper right corner is the front side.  Not much of the tiny red berry/flower detail comes thru on the back side.


These are the other sashing fabrics that my friend had sewn on to the blocks she made.  I wanted to use the green print on the bottom right but--didn't play well.  The blue print does nothing.  The green leafy print--overpowering. There is another deep blue 'blueberries" print that also does not work.  I unsewed all the sashing she had on the original blocks. I unsewed I remade eight of the blocks in the first picture-there are about 6 more that don't play well- the colors are too strong.  Last row right, middle block is one of my friend's blocks.  Middle top is another of hers and I think the one to the left of that block.  I did use only fabric she had in the box with the quilt.  I had to use my own for the little four patches if I couldn't find a match.  She used a lot of solids.

Lyn in the comments mentioned cutting up the rose linen blouse seemed like a waste.  The blouse had the color tag for $1.  Next stop for the blouse--like this morning-- was the huge Goodwill warehouse where the blouse would go into enormous bales of rag cloth sold by the pound.  If that seems wrong--please let Goodwill know you disagree with their policies.  It does sound wrong to me.  If any of you want a rose colored linen blouse with long sleeves.  Size 12 and it looks like a slim fit.  Send me a dollar and postage.  It's yours.

Full on screening over our hats and clothing for the walk in the woods again today.  So many mosquitoes.  Sun is shining.  In the 60's.  I am sifting a wheelbarrow of compost for the bed I am planting my annual flowers in today.  the hose is hooked up so G can water them when I get done.  I also have dahlias to plant.  All sorts of black gnats in the house as well.  The compost bucket which holds my Georgia peaches that went from hard to ripe to rotten.  Ripe to rotten took about 5 minutes.

That's it.  G is trying to fish a part out of the bathroom sink drain.  I have prescriptions to order from the pharmacy.  Riley is walking around.  I have the dining room table to clear of all the cloth, thread, etc that has piled up.  It's that sort of Monday.

No comments: