Saturday, February 04, 2023

Field Notes- Very very Cold last night and single digits this morning with Sunshine. Alls Well.


 Not my house but pretty much how it is here in Maine.  But less snow.   Lots more trees. We wouldn't be seeing any of the mountain.

So, I made soup yesterday and used packaged gnocchi instead of the potato the recipe asked for.  I don't have any potatoes.  I should but I don't.  And the gnocchi worked out great also serving to thicken the broth.  Not what I wanted...but it was still a good soup.  And not salty.  I can add water today. When I reheat.

I have assorted bags of frozen vegetables on the grocery list.  In case I make soup again. I got rid of a bunch of things in the freezer so- plenty of room for bags of vegetables.

I did use the wrong can of diced tomatoes and they were very finely diced so that made more tomato than I like.  So. Lessons learned.  I have soup until Monday grocery shopping.  

We are counting the hours until Alice is murdered.  In the book I am reading.  Three hours.  Less than a third into the pages.....so lots of stuff will be happening.  Alice will continue "speaking" I assume as she is the person telling the story.  Ruby hasn't engaged in the story yet- but I think she finds the body.

I need to make myself a very large cup of sweet hot tea.  I could go do a load of wash- but it's very cold in the bathroom with the washer/drier.  Very cold.  The dryer vent is like having an open window.  So, even though I for sure have a load of wash there to do- I won't.  I was just watching my fingers type...still amazes me that I know how to type.  It just happened one day.  I was typing the Club newsletter and realized I wasn't looking at the keys.  I was typing...  a minor miracle.  Been typing ever since.


No comments: