Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Field Notes- Tuesday, February 7th. Bright sunshine. 26 degrees. Not much going on here.


 This image- would be a wonderful template for some embroidery on linen.  I need to think about that. Seriously.  I need some handwork project to do...I miss it. I stopped because I ...don't remember why. Possibly the loss of Riley.  I do a bit of it.  Every so often.  All the bits of cloth and thread are right over to the left of me....waiting.

I saw something on a new to me blog- a cloth divided into shapes and embroidered each day- 365 of them. I don't know where I was traveling when I found it.  

I thought I had forgotten my grocery list  yesterday so I had to Wing it....but I got everything on the list except  for Soup Vegetables for myself.  I was going to get some frozen bagged veg for the freezer drawer- to tuck into a soup broth with beans or lentils.  

I used up most all the veg in the freezer but still have frozen roasted cherry tomatoes and frozen sticks of green and red peppers.  From my "enthusiastic" gardening days.  I also have about 8 foil wrapped unpeeled bananas in there.  I used to make husband banana bread on the regular.  Also Ginger root.

I  also forgot the half pint of Egg Beaters.  So I won't be baking this week. (Like THAT was going to happen)

Husband wants me to put the soup kettle on and make him more soup.  Why not.

I am getting info on whole house generators from the neighbors.  Seems like Peggy across the road and us are the last of the street to get one. Power goes out and all the houses start the loud hum of the Generators.

On the Monday drive to Town-- We saw trees that had sort of exploded in the freeze.  It happens all the time..  too much moisture in the interior and a rapid hard freeze and the expansion of the water blasts the tree apart.  Unhealthy trees.

2 comments:

LindaSonia said...

Am loving the little bits of art you've been posting lately!

LindaSonia said...

Our local weatherman went on record to officially say that Winter is over (at least here in SE Michigan). We've experienced some single digit temps but have only had one significant snowfall. I couldn't be happier... Hee