Thursday, February 09, 2023

Field Notes- Thursday, February 9th. FINALLY got my Valentine's Mailed. They will be LATE.


 Polly Lynn Kimmorley.  Outback Landscapes.

I went back and got the artist's names.  From Little Somethings blog.

I finally just sat down and got my Valentine's written and in the mailbox.  They might be late- the Post Office and all.  But still nice to get mail. Even late.

I didn't make my oatmeal twice.....I open the microwave and find one already in there......and my coffee was pretty decent for instant. I got the proportions right. 

There is a Disturbance in the Continuum. Family stuff in California.  Good Stuff.  But I am not used to having Any Stuff Happening so I am trying to stay calm and stay "in my lane" so to speak.

Helped G find a "missing" puzzle piece.  When he gets exhausted looking for a piece he makes me walk over and "find it"....usually it's the first piece I look at.....which makes him CRAZY....

My son says it's the Artist Thing and that I see pattern and color more than I see puzzle pieces.

The Adult Education Brochure arrived yesterday.  Painting Classes.  Pottery classes- wheel thrown pots etc. which I am really really wanting to do.....but it's night driving.  There are tons of watercolor classes. But I don't need a class.  Last time they sent one of these catalogs- there was an intaglio printing class.  Now,,,that is something I need to do again- cause now I am not 20 years old and stupid and lazy....and clueless as to subject matter.  I have lots of CLUES to Subject Matter @ 76.  Intaglio was my "jam" as they said in some time period.  I was ill prepared for college art classes.

I was Very Good at Art.  I was not Very Good at showing up. Doing the Work.  Situational Depression.  I don't think that is spelled correctly but the computer let it slide.  College let me slide........ 1964 to 68.  

3 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I remember going into your college art building for a required photography class. It seemed like such an exotic place. I loved going in to check out a camera for homework, I felt like I belonged in that space for that one moment. When it came time for the darkroom stuff, I was my usual clutsy self.

DogStarArt said...

I was a print making major in undergrad and graduate school, and intaglio was my favorite. That and woodcuts. One of my professors made incredible woodcuts that were 3'x 6' on plywood.

Joanne S said...

Print Making Major- Gosh....that would have made me happy.