Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Field Notes- Sunshine and Waiting for some Sort of BIG STORM.


 Accordian Pants.  What a.....look this is.  Especially his feet.......... Perhaps a better look on a larger man?

So. It's Wednesday and feels like Saturday.  All mixed up.

We did get to the Grocery Store yesterday and the Library.  I bought the container of assorted little donut balls. I love the chocolate ones so I got the large container with a larger percentage of the chocolate ones.  Because........ and just popped one in my mouth before sitting down to talk to YOU....

I remembered--at the Library...to look in the Mystery section for the Karen Slaughter books.  With Will Trent.  There must be one book before this one.  This Will Trent in 6 feet 4 inches tall.  The one on tv is not.  It's been quite awhile since I read a murder mystery.  I used to read ONLY murder mystery.  So this is very very interesting.......very.  I might have to do Murder for a few weeks.  

It's fascinating that out front of the house and across the street it's all green grass and spring bulbs shooting up and in the back year it's all snow and animal tracks .......

I've decided to paint cloth for Easter ...not buy cards.....I have the tray ready and the white cloth.  I will actually bring the very large basket of paint bottles into the kitchen.  Easter has lots of colors.  Several shades of pinks, purples, greens and yellows.  So I will use as many as possible. Last time I mixed colors. I will most likely mix colors for Easter as well.  I never graduated but....I was very very good at color mixing in College. Never use a bottle or tube of paint in it's natural state.....always mix. Warm things up or cool them down....always mix.

I have ALSO surprised myself by digging out cloth squares in the tubs next to the couch.  I haven't touched them...much.....in quite awhile.  I decided to add another border to all of them...which led me to go searching for cloth. In the Attic.  In the Sewing Room... In the Boxes...... some cloth I used in the squares is missing. Which bothered me most of yesterday....and now I have gotten over it.

I am not a matchy matchy person. So I was surprised by the "need" to find the EXACT same piece of cloth. It has to be "old age" or some such thing.  But it passed as soon as I realized searching two and then three times isn't going to magically find anything.  Until it wants to be found.  Usually AFTER I have chosen a new fabric.........So Big Storm.  Ice, Snow, Sleet and Power outages......Fantastic.

I have chocolate donut balls....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay safe from the storm, Joanne.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I've had my eye on the storm and was thinking about you. Just windy here.

Deb Lacativa said...

That's so funny. They are my favorite too and I've wanted a taste for a while. Yesterday, instead of dinner, I took the car, filled the tank and stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way home. SIX little donut holes, please. She said, "You mean Munchkins?" Only six? Yes and a medium iced coffee. They were delicious and exactly enough.