Monday, February 13, 2023

Field Notes- Monday, February 13th. I got Flowers!!!


 I got a call yesterday asking if I would be home today for a floral delivery.  And this beautiful arrangement arrived at 10am.  My brother and his wife Susan sent this to me...... it smells wonderful. there are more tulips on the back side as well.  It's just so lovely.

The delivery gal had quite a drive to get here.  But she was smiling.

I took my phone with me to the grocery store....husband and I were going to try to get photos on it. We forgot.  But, just being adjacent to the library and grocery and bank gave my iPhone enough "boost" to download the 8 of each picture I had sent to my email........ I'm thinking this is what is stalling out the cable reception as well.   No Boost.

Chicken thighs were back down to 99 cents a pound.  Six fat thighs for three dollars.

This is the booklet that Gretchen sent me.  Pages of prompts.  Each page decorated, little pockets, tags etc. and then all of them sewn together.  I have it on the dresser across from where I sit to eat breakfast and pay bills.  I can look and admire it every morning.  Eventually, I will select a page and do what the prompt suggests.

We have food for today.....so no cooking.  I didn't make the Football Pizza yesterday.  We did NOT watch the game.  Husband tried but he said it was just an overall bad game and half time show.  He went to bed.

I have nothing really to do....so I think I will write the 4 Valentine's for the Street Neighbors, walk down to their mailboxes and deliver them.  And then be done with Valentine's Day.  I know one that I sent locally has arrived.  Finger's crossed the others make it from Sea to Shining Sea..

2 comments:

beverly said...

The flowers are beautiful, what a lovely surprise. You will have fun with the booklet that Gretchen sent you. We watched the game yesterday time we will never get back. Not my teams but I wanted the eagles to win as I do not like the chiefs hate the war chant. The half time show was awful. Not my kind of music. Loved the show Prince did a long long time ago.

Tired of the cold weather we have no snow and the wind blows constantly.

Enjoy your day Joanne
Beverly

LindaSonia said...

How nice you got flowers!! That 'booklet' you got from your friend Gretchen is what I think they call a junk journal. I made a few back in the day. Enjoy yours!