Saturday, February 25, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday, February 25th. Another Blindingly Bright Day Outside. Cold. 20 something.


 My tiny squares.  The iPhone took and sent..... Major Miracle !!!!!  In the blue and white square- everything is one inch finished except for the outside edge which will be getting a border..soon.

Under the blues- border fabric - auditioning.  The orange and green is just crowding where it doesn't belong. I know orange and blue do well together.  Compliment each other.  But not this one.

I have a PILE of Will Trent books.  We drove to the Library on a Not Library Day......   If any of you, reading this, are watching Will Trent on TV......here's a hint.  Go to your local library and look for the mystery section (if they have one) for Karen Slaughter and for the book titled Broken and the next book Fallen.  You'll meet the real fictional Will Trent. And you will thank me......  I am waiting for the next  two.....I am reading Beyond Reach which comes BEFORE Broken but does have Sara and Lena. 

Will...... Six four and wears dark black or grey three piece suits, pressed white button down shirts. Blonde.  Doesn't talk much or at all.. Drives a vintage Porsche- black- that he restored himself. VERY good with a  rifle. Dyslexic. Little dog named Betty. 

ABC should have gone with that. Read Broken first. Or just read Broken and then stop.  I'm reading Beyond Reach.  Sara, Lena and Sara's husband Jeffery. No Will Trent.

I got a stack of used magazines from the Library hallway.  Decor.  Etc.  Been busy cutting images for my desk top calendar.   My one, for certain, Art thing that I do on the regular. I paste and embellish.  I write on it as well.  Not as much Diary as it once was....but still...it's quite a bit political this year, already. There were headlines and cartoons in today's paper that will be pasted down SOON.

I had something in mind today- ah, cooking.  Baked Beans and Cornbread.  I was going to do "fake" stove top baked beans but decided to actually BAKE them......today since house is cold.  The Cornbread will go in when the Beans are mostly done...if there are no bugs in the cornmeal jar.......it happens. When I lived down South- we got bugs in nearly everything.  I started keeping everything in the fridge and not the pantry.  Learned to keep Grits and Cornmeal in the freezer.  Yep, I spent my first 6 years of being a wife in Georgia.  Grits. Peach Cobbler. Slow cooked pork and BBQ sauce. Breaded and fried vegetables......even tomatoes. Made really good scratch biscuits........ got fat.   

My eyes are all sticky and messed up.  Dry.  House Air is very DRY.  Going to sit and rest them. Joanne.

I really wish I didn't feel the need to edit these posts....

No comments: