Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Field Notes- Wednesday, October 5th. Raining. 57 degrees. Deer foraging on the lawns eating acorns.


 I showed you my bedroom and now you get to see the living room.  Husband is to the far left with his coloring table- hard at work on a new page.  The couch where he reads and naps. Further right is the first dining room table we owned- with the Puzzle of the Week.  Lamps.  No carpets.  No Chairs.  No curtains. As one person said- "no room for company".  Before.....lots of seating for company and lots of company- people died.......I gave up.

Better to not make friends than to forever bury them.  Same with cats and dogs.

Shiny gorgeous dark oak floors via the second owner of this house. The original owner and builder of this custom house- covered EVERY VERTICAL SURFACE with wallpaper and also off white cream carpeting.  Some walls with four or five different patterns of paper.  The second owner had almost ALL of it removed and she removed most of the carpet from the main rooms but not the bedroom wing.  I still have two bedrooms with carpet.  Because we had stuff loaded into one and slept in the other during renovation.

I emptied this room when the Painter did the ceilings, walls and trim.  One wingback chair went to the Candy Store for Santa.  The blue denim covered one and a half chairs (two) went home with daughter.  I kept the ottomans.  The coffee table holds plants in the kitchen window.  

I'm taking the picture from my vantage point on the second couch.  I bought two.  My butt is planted where I watch tv and read.  To my left is the old desk my former employer sold me, English. with little cubby hole places for index cards (I adore index cards), recipes and other little somethings.  Two ridiculously useless drawers on either side of me......sitting on my rolling office chair.  The tv is upper left corner just out of sight of the camera.

And yes, it's this dark here in Maine at lunch time.  And all Winter. I thought Germany was dark in winter, but Maine is so much darker.  Cold, Damp, Dark.  Sigh.  Half the population drives or flies to Florida. Usually.  But this Winter they will have to stay.  Oh...the misery of it........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about we have a cup of tea?
and maybe a pretty and tasty pastry? (sunshine for the tummy) -ml

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Loved seeing a picture of your lovely living room

beverly said...

Thank you for showing us your living room. Love those floors and couches