Saturday, October 08, 2022

Field Notes- Saturday, October 8th. Sunshine outside and chilly inside. Pancakes?


 Onion Soup.  Doesn't this look delicious?????  I've never been able to make a good onion soup.

There was a restaurant back over by the Old-now abandoned- Fire Station in Town.  G and I went once a week.  Onion Soup or Mussels in broth.  Then...I am trying to recall what we ordered but it might have been steak.  I was just off the diet Merry Go Round.  Mussels in broth and steak and salad sounds like what I might have been allowed to eat......not the onion soup.  But I had it and then didn't eat the next day.

I usually kept the weight off for a few years......then it came back slowly.  Harder and harder to do the weight loss thing.  I don't have a  80 pound dog to walk twice a day.  And no...it's so unfair to adopt an animal at the age of 76. I see old people with dogs.....It makes me cry. I see 50 year olds struggling to get out to walk a big dog right here on the street.   

Riley pulled me DOWN many times.  I wouldn't enjoy it at 76.  I doubt I could get up further than my knees and hands. Once I just stayed flat on my back.  Riley came over and stared at me.  Waited for me to get up the nerve to try and stand up. We walked on a short leash for a few days.......

Won't take much today...to make me cry.  I must be at overflow stage like the washing machine.  Overflow stage and the water keeps rising.

This post will be short.  I stitched two borders to the cloth I am working on.  They were going to be wide. I got two on..and wide was Not the way to go.  I watched law and Order while I stitched.  Dog on my mind.

COVID numbers in the sewer water getting higher in Portland. Flu season going to be BIG this Winter.  So far no mention of MonkeyPox in Maine.  24% of the people wearing masks.  Mainers never really adopted mask wearing.....MAGA.....but now even less.  Going out, into places......still not my favorite thing to do.

4 comments:

Kim Carney said...

I prefer NOT to go out. I guess now I will have to go the store more often. Or send the kids.

Onion soup sounds terrific. Might have to go there.

Put in a sad movie and get all the crying out of your system ;) Out of Africa? Band of Brothers? The end of Planes, trains, and automobiles?

Kim Carney said...

and then the rest of Planes, trains and automobiles is a HOOT with a good cry at the end!

Kim Carney said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tei6VyGO0Xo

Joanne S said...

The book I was reading- at the end- the misunderstanding typical of all rom/coms- Broke me.