Monday, October 10, 2022

Field Notes- Monday, October 10- Clouds and Rain.


 Been awhile since we had a chair picture.  I clicked on one of the images at the bottom of the file.  They are so small- I can't tell what they are-so often I am as surprised as you are.........

Grocery today.  $163. And I didn't buy any meat or actually anything that looked like the five food groups. Oatmeal.  Only a small bag of celery. One quart of Lactate free milk. I did buy four boxes of coffee pods for husband's Keurig.  Candy Coffee.  I had to get the folding step ladder out to dig in the upper cabinets for a large enough GLASS jar for the pods.......anything left in cardboard is an open invitation to MICE.

I did buy a big bottle of vitamins for husband. $11 something. A new Washing Machine Pages notebook.

The Library was closed.  Indigenous People Day.  I had to look it up. I pushed my books into the return slot.  They'll get sorted tomorrow.

I am wearing corduroy pants.....not the ones that are heavily mended.  A different pair of green pants.  I have another pair of pants (why are they identified as a Pair of Pants?)  in the same green corduroy but one size smaller.  I used to wear them. When I was walking the dog.  I have on a thermal long sleeve pullover and the Kmart work shirt.  Not ready for sweaters...yet.  But it feels like a WHOLE NEW OUTFIT.

Husband cleaned out his coat closet.  Then put everything back in...... That has to be Man Thinking. I mentioned that I had ONE Winter coat (long black wool) for some reason I think of Johnny Cash when I wear it: ONE Rain coat (orange waterproof with a brown lining but no hood), Two LLBean lined vests---  for days, in Maine, when it might rain or might snow but then might not do either but I should still expect to get cold or wet.  I also have a pull over the head, no front zip, I don't know what it is called.  Has a hood.  One not lined and one lined.  Parka.  Word just popped into my head....so great!!!!

I have non skid slip on restaurant shoes for when there is ice but I still have to go inside a building with wet shoes......  I also have boots with no slip spikes on them for ice when I am not going inside a building.  And regular boots for shoveling the driveway.  When it snows. Extra warm as the driveway takes a long time to shovel.

Wasn't all that info so VERY Riveting????  My Life.  Should be a Movie.

The majority of my closet is filled with Art Supplies.  Yes.   One basket on the floor is full of scarves and gloves and hats.  I used to also have a reflective vest...for "last call" walks with Riley.  So the lawyer next door didn't hit us both (me and dog) with his drunken wide turn at the corner. Drunk every night.

3 comments:

LindaSonia said...

Hmmm yes riveting indeed. I must say I'm impressed that you shovel your own driveway...

beverly said...

I would love to have lots of chairs like the one in the photo, especially in the winter when it is so cold and white outside.
I have mice living in my stove they are ripping the insulation out to make nests. I have traps and check the drawer every day for more insulation. I live in a crappy old farm house built back in the 1920's with the foundation walls caving in as no rebar in the concrete walls but I live with it as no mortgage and am grateful for the 10acres of land that goes with it.

corduroy pants I had a pair back in the 70's I loved them so much along with my bell bottom jeans which I patched and patched until there was nothing left.

Groceries are insanely expensive. Myson and I grow vegetables for a living so lucky to have lots to eat and put away for winter.

I love reading your blog everday, it is like you are a friend that I have known since childhood.
Love Beverly

Joanne S said...

Beverly- I think of the handful of Readers who come to this blog everyday as DEAR FRIENDS.
It gives me reason to get up out of bed each day...........I am everlastingly grateful.