Friday, October 28, 2022

Field Notes- A Chilly Friday the 28th of October. Blurry Cookie Photo.


 The apples didn't pan put- they got used up by the owner.  So, I moved on to "Baking Cookies" just for the Hell of it.  I haven't baked cookies in FOREVER.  First I had to see if I had every ingredient.  Weirdly Enough......I did. (Shocked the Hell out of ME)  So I mixed and scooped and rolled and flattened and baked and timed and then did another sheet and then another and finally the last sheet was baked and cooled and I was done.  And then I washed and dried.

Butter, Sugar, Cream Cheese, Eggs etc and then an entire bottle of Rainbow Sprinkles.  You roll the 1.5 Tablespoon ball of cookie dough in sprinkles and then flatten with the bottom of a glass and bake for 10 minutes @ 400.  I like the raw dough but not the finished cookies.    

Now I have something for the Twins when they Trick or Treat.  They will go Ballistic.

Then I settled into the couch to watch the Elevator Kiss Christmas Movie (not the title) (Lifetime).  I couldn't find it last year.  I am still looking for the Christmas House one (not the title).  This guy decorates the Yard and Each Room in his house for Christmas and a film crew comes and invades the house....... and before even going inside- ask him to remove his tee shirt........ If any of you happen to have seen this movie and recall it's name......that would help in the search. Totally ALL Hallmark actors but so NOT HALLMARK.  Welcome to Lifetime Channel.  

And a note to long time Readers.  The Hallmark Actors DO know how to kiss and they demonstrate this skill in Lifetime Movies with Enthusiasm. Not in Hallmark Movies.  So Not.

Two channels. Same actors. One Naughty and One Nice. 

Then I watched Secrets of the Dead on PBS.  They used Plant and Human DNA to discover why civilizations suddenly died out hundreds of thousands of years ago.  Did you know that once the Sun never shined for months?  No daylight. No crops.  And it could happen again.

ML- I have a single serving Bottled Cosmo and a Vodka Tonic in the fridge.  From the Liquor Aisle. For Emergencies. I plan to sample one or the other today.  Then buy more if they are tasty.  I also might spill some Kahlua in MY coffee.  Not on the regular but as a "special treat".   I used to have a small glass of wine every so often......but that was Heavily Frowned Upon by Himself.  I should have poured it into a coffee cup. From now on...that's the way to go.

4 comments:

Diane Perin said...

Joanne! Your cookies look like fun. I have my own rule about not watching Hallmark Christmas movies until after Thanksgiving but I am looking forward to immersing myself in that happy world. I always love how they have garland on every door and window and even where the walls meet the ceilings. I guess nothing says full out Christmas like garland and lights everywhere.
Thanks for your comment on my new blog, yes, I am the 12x12 Diane. I have been looking for your email address to email you directly but can't seem to find it. You can email me at dianeperin [at] comcast [dot] net.

Kim Carney said...

LOVE Secrets of the Dead!
Found a new Karen Pirie on Amazon Video. - DS Karen Pirie reopens the case of a murdered barmaid. Her investigation unearths flaws in the original 1996 inquiry.
Set in St. Andrews, Scotland

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Your coffee cups are going to be happy. Yes!

Joanne S said...

I need to investigate Amazon Prime. See how one goes about paying for it. The where and how of it.