Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Field Notes- Tuesday, October 4th. Very cold yesterday and in 70's today but still feels chilly.



 I folded the wash I did a few days ago.  Finally "got around to it".   Image French Apple Cake.

George came around to check on the garden yesterday afternoon.  I gave him two golden yellow large tomatoes.  I said I didn't like them because they were "crunchy".  I like a soft tomato that has no resistance left.  It surrenders to the knife or fork or teeth.

I forgot what I wanted to say about George's arrival- here it is- I asked  and he said yes to carrying the AC units out to the garage workbench where they "over Winter".  Husband had taken them out of the windows. So all George had to do was carry them.  Sigh.  Neither of us (G and I) have the arm strength/ hand grip we once had. I used to carry them......I used to do quite a few "heavy lifting" things around here.

Yesterday's book was Wicked Sexy Liar.  And I have no idea why that is the title. as no one was a liar and the sexy went cold real fast. Two recent college graduates- meet in a bar and we know how that goes......... Christina Lauren-two friends who write together.  It started out really strong and buried the lede, as we say in the print trade, when we got into the relationship building part of the book.  Book needed one (or two) really brutal edits.  I have another of their early books in the line up......... the later ones are all very good.

I have a new desk calendar here on the desk.  The entire first row of squares is blank as October began on Saturday.  The last week doubles up for 30 and 31.

Husband forgot he already had his COVID BOOSTER.  He said we needed to go get ours.  I reminded him- he was confused-- and then he remembered.  It's interesting and annoying at the same time.

 Like Science Class.  Interesting until the slowness of Science got annoying.  Think the rocket will ever go off in Florida?????  I don't.  Not this year.  The Lunar Opportunity Window is not a good bet.

Neither are the New England Patriots. Unless you bet they lose.  Then...a good bet.

No comments: