Sunday, October 02, 2022

Field Notes- Sunday, October 2nd. Almost Cold. Football. Pizza. (I remembered) and Books.


 I'm thinking I should make a Chocolate Loaf Cake like this one.  But...I have been reconsidering that and instead make Corn Bread.  I have all the ingredients.  For both.  But the Corn Bread...I haven't had any Southern Corn Bread in what feels like YEARS.  Most likely is YEARS.  Decades.

I used up the remainder of the produce drawer- what hadn't started to compost in the drawer- and tossed in all the ripening cherry tomatoes from the garden I had on the counter.  Added some pasta water to thicken it up.  Celery (iffy), one solo carrot, an onion.  I cooked the pasta and removed a good portion and put it into a container for husband to add to his Daily Prepared Chicken Parm Dinner..  Every Day.  The same purchased prepared meal.  I had pasta and he wanted what I had made for myself to eat........even though he had a meal in front of him. He ate his additional pasta plain. 

We discussed his "current" interest (yesterday for 20 minutes) in me making him Chicken Soup this Winter.  I made it last Winter and he ate one portion and left the other three quarts of broth, carrots and noodles in the fridge- until Spring when I added it to the compost bin.  I asked and he refused to eat the soup.  Even went so far as to say he didn't like soup. Ever. Never. I had been making that soup for over ten years (even 20 years) and he always ate it.  Always wanted me to make more.

If you ever wonder what it is like living with the memory impaired........this is what it is like.

Damned if you do.  Damned if you don't.  I told him I was going to figure out how to record him on my iPhone and then play back to him some of the things he says to me.........and then decided not to. He'd say it wasn't him. And then forget. So who would it benefit???   And yes, son of mine far away from home..I still haven't gone to get a new iPhone.  


No comments: