Monday, October 17, 2022

Field Notes- Monday, October 17th. Patriots Win- Be Zappe.!!!! Moist and cloudy. They are "for sure" printing Zappe Football Jerseys NOW.


 Roasted Brussels Sprouts.  I love them.....weren't on the shopping list so didn't get any.  Will add to next week's list or Thanksgiving List  and get a large amount of them.  And eat with Stuffing, Gravy and Sweet Potatoes.

Library visit was quiet.  Not many new books that called to me.  So I visited the stacks-  A to K.  And then stopped.  There was a book I remembered getting last time......but I don't remember reading it.  And it's not here.  So..A Mystery.  And...I have the now FULL Book Cupboard.  Yep.  Full. All Mine. Mine. Mine.

Husband has gone out to his workshop.  It's like a Man Cave and he sorts things, sits in his office chair and reads etc.  I gave him a box of Bonne Madam empty, clean jars to take out.  Fill with screws and stuff. One entire wall of shelving (between the studs) filled with jelly jars.  All the same. Filled.

We noticed the roof on the front of the house- we'll be needing a new roof in 2023.  New shingles.

Grocery shopping was uneventful.  $135.  Six Chicken Dinners.  Yogurts.  Bagels.  Cookies.  Snack Cake. Orange Juice- for him.............. Oatmeal for me (2)- 60% less salt Potato Chips, Shortbread Cookies from Scotland (2), low sodium Wheat Crackers, two boxes of pasta for Spaghetti.  I already have the short pasta for my vegetable soup.    The Cabbages were enormous.  So...no cabbage.  Now I am thinking the soup would be nice with Brussels Sprouts.--I forgot Pizza Cheese.  We had Football Pizza yesterday.  

Halloween is EVERYWHERE.......Candy.  I am NOT going down into Tootsie Roll Hell!!!!!! I must think of my TEETH.

1 comment:

Deb Lacativa said...

For the first time in more than twenty years, we will put out carved pumpkins with lights in them and have CANDY for visitors. Charlie will scour the neighborhood with his friend. If the weather is nice, I will sit in the dark out on the lawn, all dressed in black. Make creepy noises and shine a flashlight up into my face.