Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Field Notes- Skipped yesterday. Only realizing it minutes ago. Rain here. Wet.


 Rose hips.  I no longer have roses.  Some straggle and make one or two flowers each year.  Maine doesn't have "enough" of whatever it is they need.

A phone call and an email from our investment bankers. The annual IRA disbursal.  Put it in and then take it out, years later, and pay taxes.

Football.  Patriots on Monday Night.  The crowd calling for Zappe when Jones went out behind center. That had to hurt. And then Zappe came out.....two touchdowns in minutes it seemed.  Then Jones. Who managed to throw a pass right to the other Team.  We didn't have Pizza.  We lost.

I had a lovely phone call and perhaps talked too much.  I don't get to talk much these days unless I talk to myself.  I need to cut back on talking to myself.

I had cheese and apples and tried to watch two Hallmark Christmas Movies.  Sigh.  I have a few set to record- old ones that I like.  These new ones- not so much.  One was about a couple heading for divorce. Marriage Camp or some such title.  I didn't see much but did see the ending.  The two of them sitting on a bench realizing their marriage was over.  They loved each other but it wasn't enough.  Finally.  On Hallmark a couple finding out they were finished with each other. A new kind of happy ending.

I recorded another.  Henry Winkler is an old guy coming to visit his daughter for Christmas.  He meets up with a chef (looking like a hippy bum) in the airport.  He cons the airlines into thinking the old guy was injured in the airport and they get bumped to first class.  The old guy likes the hot towels.  Me too.  I'll watch it today.  I saw it once long ago.  I never knew the title.  But when I saw the first few minutes.....I knew...and pressed record on the Tivo.  Hallmark and Lifetime are Christmas Movies 24/7 right now.  I also recorded the Kiss in the Elevator movie on Lifetime.  I have the Christmas Waltz, The Bookshop, and Love Always.  It's going to be a happy Holiday Season.  Oh, and Snow Bride.

1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

You don't talk to much ;)