Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Daily Notes- Tuesday, January 25th- Snow Over Night. Light and Dry.


 I am assuming (yes) that clicking on the image will take you to the source.  What did I like the most? the white dots of course.  I'm not sure of the composition itself.

So...snow overnight.  Light and dry-- so easy enough to shovel, except there is an inch of smooth ice under the snow.  Accident Waiting To Happen.

Oil delivery is supposed to come today.  I usually don't pay any attention in the 30 years we've lived here- but husband noticed it was down to a quarter tank and I started...being worried. I called 30 minutes ago.  They were sort of amused.  It's coming they said.  Hung up.

Customer Service isn't what it used to be.

I prepped a bowl of Vanilla Noosa Yogurt, grapefruit segments (removed from their skins) it's called something I have tried to spell but can't- I saw it on a cooking show and taught myself how to do it. Removing the fruit from the segment covering.... supreme something.  Fussy. Good knife skill to learn.  The naked segments are so much better that way.

The Cooking Channel was quite different in the very beginning when I started watching- 1990's.  They mostly showed a French Chef cooking on a huge blackened stove with flames and using dented blackened pans.  The way restaurants really cooked back then.  I watched their knife skills, their sauce skills, plus mixing, folding, whipping.

I learned how to cook.  I even made my brother shout with laughter when I told him the pork I had in the oven was  "acid forward" in flavor.  Then he tasted it. Then he "got" it.  "oh!".  I think my rolling metal shelving unit of pots and pans was another thing he stood and inventoried.  And the large full knife block.

I used to even make homemade Potsticker Chinese dumplings from scratch as they say. They were fantastic. I don't do that anymore.  So........we went to the library yesterday and today a notice that books have arrived for pickup.  More books.  I am reading Pride, Prejudice and Other Flavors.  Not sure I like it yet-- one character's last name is Dashwood.  In the first book I read- Wickham.  I'm not even sure which is the first in the series of three. Very large Indian family- Raje. Pronounced RaJay. Written in the book.

No comments: