Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Daily Notes- Tuesday January 11th. ZERO degrees here in Maine. with Sunshine.


 A screenshot from somewhere.  The warm colors are nice on this sunny but now 3 degree day. Warmer?

I am getting dive bombed by Garnet Hill because I looked at a $189 sweater and a $149 pillow this week.  They think I am going to buy something- they would be WRONG.  Mainly because they are annoying me with endless email.  King Arthur has been doing it as well because I looked at an image of Pancake Mix in one of the many emails I get from them each day..  I was just looking to see if it was the same package I see on the grocery shelf.  It was.  If I want it I can just buy at grocery store.  They are encouraging I buy on line with my credit card.  No.  Will NEVER happen.  They think they are the sole sellers of parchment baking paper as well.  So...not...true.

I tend to buy locally.  Old fashioned as that might be. If it isn't sold here- I do without.

Dreams.  I am living over a Bakery.  Getting up in the dark to go downstairs to start the dough for loaves of bread and last night I even made bagels and a few cakes. In the dreams, I sleep most of the day and work at night. I've been baking bread for the last week or more- in my dreams.  I share the one room apartment with someone who works during the day and sleeps at night. Neither of us has any other Life.

Husband has just called- he has arrived in Lewiston to see his Dermatologist.  Husband refuses to apply sunscreen.  So the annual skin cancer review and painful removal of any he finds.  The roads were slow going so he has 30 minutes to wait...and he remembered to bring the book he is reading.

Truly amazing how much his memory has improved by not using his iPad (at all) and limiting usage of the iPhone to 15 minutes a couple times a day.  I think this should be the first thing doctor's do.  Limit screen usage.  My only screen usage is right now.  Writing this and checking to see who has posted.  Reading the posts, if any.  Then moving on to washing dishes, doing laundry.  I already made the bed, took a very long hot shower, ate my oatmeal and read the newspaper.  

My "new" Louise Penny book is as good as ever.  Less meals at the restaurant (COVID).  Last night they celebrated New Years no masks- last one not this most recent one (here in US we were just getting vaccinated at end of 2019/start of 2020).  And someone by the bonfire got the back of their head smashed in with a piece of firewood.  We have more than enough suspects at the halfway mark. I've made my guess as who done it and why.  We'll see.  None of the regular characters are doing much of anything.  The Painter isn't painting.  The Bookstore owner isn't open for business but is spending time in the restaurant by the fire- chatting and eating and drinking with everyone else who may or may not be the murderer. Gamache is setting up the incident room in the basement of a previously haunted house (another book) and is not happy about it.  Louise moves slowly and carefully into and out of the murders.

So, I am moving slowly as well.  I never actually want the books to come to the last pages.  I want to live in Three Pines as long as possible.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I enjoyed your bakery dream. All that bread. And even a cake. Wish I knew how to interpret dreams.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for Nina Hill! I wouldn’t have found this delightful book on my own. Keep recommending more…any but Louise Penny…already gone through all of hers!