Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Daily Notes- January 19th- Cold. Colder. Snowing.


 I need to go looking for Art for this Blog..or stop adding an image.  I LOVE this one.

My Desk Calendar Art is getting "darker" less light and frothy.  I think it's because of the images I am cutting from magazines and the newspaper.  Because...less stuff is shot in pastels these days.  More people, unvaccinated...are in hospitals and dying.  Here in Maine in the 4 digits each week.  Unvaccinated. Dead.

I keep wondering if "new" people will move here or if the population drops below one million for the entire State.  "Settlers" arriving in covered wagons.  Who knows.

Yesterday.  I heated up a big bowl of my soup.  Later I had some walnuts and carrots.

I also hand appliquéd some bits and pieces on my "yard plus square" of patchwork.  After each addition I tossed it flat on husband's ottoman (next to my ottoman) and just glanced at it for minutes or hours.  Until I was sure of what I wanted next.....or if I was going to remove things.  I tend to unsew a lot.  Do you??? I can see a few things I might unsew today.

When I was a member of a Quilting/Talking Chapter- I could ask these things of the "old 70 and 80" quilters.  Now I am that OLD and I still have questions.  Do you sew things and then take them apart..not right away but eventually?????  This particular piece (square) has been hanging around, folded for quite awhile.  I unfold it and lay it on the floor and look at it and then fold it back up.  

I came to quilting late and I was a no rules quilter.  Because I didn't know there were rules.  

Later I did a bit of Class Teaching.  Yes, Me.  It was fun.  Sort of ...if you want that color next to this one- why not.  Give it a shot.  And to be accepted...I even made a few Civil War type things.  Appliqué.

Anyway.  Cloth this week and not books.  Eye drops.  Winter Eyes.


No comments: