Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Daily Notes- January 5th. Cold Earth surface, Warm Air, Rain. Maine is slippery today.


 What I'm eating but not as "soupy".   Pasta and Pulled Pork.  I could make mine soupy?? This (pictured) I think is a Ragu on Gnocchi with some sage leaves (not edible) just to make the picture less brown and yellow. I could toss something like frozen peas on my dinner??  I am almost out of cooked pasta and I now have Kraft Mac and Cheese so that might be next up with the pulled pork. I have a very large tub of uncooked pasta shapes..... daughter went a bit crazy. So Pasta every which way is coming soon.

We took the opportunity, after newspaper reading, this morning to dash to the library and grocery. I had books that were overdue.  I picked up magazines in the entry way- donated by Patrons.  I usually look at the pictures and then cut them up to use here on the desktop calendar.  Today I got images of a table and chairs and a painting.  the walkways in from of the Library were icy and as I exited- I saw a woman slip and fall.  I helped her up and brushed her off. She took a real hit.

I have acid reflux.  I ate orange slice jelly candy. Which I love.

I selected one large box of oatmeal....and then after the cheese, butter, milk and yogurt aisle- I picked up a second box of oatmeal.  I just had a "feeling" that was the thing to do.  After looking at the shelving.  Different Aisles.  What was there and not there.  I can always eat oatmeal.

I am not as cheerful......news last night and the words- "We are beginning the third COVID year."  Beginning. Third.  COVID YEAR.  I sit here thinking that next January I will be typing-FOURTH.

Already we are preparing for a second Booster. Children who are vaccinated now get a Booster.  It's coming.  Endlessly.  Endlessly. Like a long march.

4 comments:

Kim Carney said...

the only way I keep from losing my mind during this 3rd year of the pandemic is watching Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel (just the opening monologues), and any comedian I can on youtube, like BrittleStar ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0ag6GJ7vuE

DianeN said...

Is it usual to put sage leaves on ragu and gnocchi? It seems odd to me. I would probably have used basil but in all honesty I like gnocchi just plain with a little butter, browned a bit in a pan so it isn't gooey.

As for covid, They said on the news at noon that they are finding another variant in southern France. I don't know any more than that but I felt totally disheartened hearing it.

Paula, the quilter said...

Unmasked people in the grocery store really p**s me off. Since I’m lactose intolerant and can clear a room after eating dairy, I’ve started drinking a bit of milk before shopping. Clearing out the aisles, don’tcha know. Is that TMI?

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Thank you for helping that lady at the library. Two years ago, that was me, I slipped on some water-covered black ice going to meet sewing friends at the library. A nice lady helped me up, and I am still grateful. I'm sure that lady today will remember you as well.