Monday, January 24, 2022

Daily Notes- Monday January 24th. Slow Start Monday


 Football.  Sunday.  Pizza.  Screaming at the TV.  Those teams refuse to listen to my advice.

Some won. Some lost.  But.....I was  super happy the Rams won.  Super. Happy.  Cooper Kup for the Win.

We had Football Pizza.  Got bored during the Tampa Bay game.  And angry.  And then laughed when Brady got one to the mouth.  His wife, in the party booth, was laughing with some guy and eating candy with her back to the game. Supportive.

Then the 49 Niners Game.  Not happy with that.  Buffalo gave up.  It happens and I don't understand it. Aren't they primed to WIN???  Had a couple good chances.  My coaching from Maine wasn't enough, I guess.

We have already shopped for groceries and toilet paper.  I went to the library to pick up books I had ordered from other libraries.  Husband driving my car.  Always ..not a pleasant experience for me or my car.  I bought bagels and a carrot bar cake for husband.  No treats for me. I wanted kale for soup but- was way too large.  No escarole.  I like bitter greens in my soup.

I usually buy a package of four moist thick Brownies but not today.  I bought Dr Bronner's Baby Soap- unscented for washing my hands in my bathroom.  I have a second bar by the kitchen sink.  COVID hand washing.  I had stopped but now I wash my hands after leaving the house (returning).  Masking Order in my local area.  Safer. But.

I did buy two very large heavy red grapefruit.  Smooth skin.  To segment and eat with vanilla Noosa yogurt and Bran Buds.  My grocery had a "new to them and me"--quart container of Noosa in the coolers.  I love Noosa. This means I skip my Statins while eating the grapefruit and then start up again after.  So four days (or more) with no statins. My blood work report was Perfect.  And I have permission to eat grapefruit.  Just not WITH my meds..  As a special treat in Winter.  Like this week. So that is super exciting.

Susan S has sent me a link to a very very delicious Mending Site with Pictures.  I am in Heaven. Yes, Susan- just the kind of mending I like. So so great.  I'm going there when I hit publish.  The sweater I am wearing right now is more patches than sweater.  And I noticed a few new worn out places. Let the mending commence.

No comments: