Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Daily Notes- January 26th. Not as Cold. But Still Cold.


 Talkie.  Grace's Chicken.  Windthread.    I had to bring the image here.  So so wonderful-- isn't she? Such Character. Personality.  Spunk. (so like Grace)  I used to make fabric appliqué chickens.  I think I will make a Talkie square.  Her colors are so deep.......  that eye.  What's not to love and admire???? And I happen to have a large amount of red fabric. A good amount of it- chosen because it resembled feathers.

Oil Delivery.   198.9 gallons (the guy thinks the tank might hold 250)  Total cost. $898.52.

Last time they delivered the same amount the bill was $367.

I am happy we replaced the original oil burning furnace with a more efficient one years ago- when it started "seeping"......we asked and the guy working on it "mansplained" it meant the oil was "seeping" out of the furnace thru worn out seams.  Which is why we smelled oil fumes in the house.

But still...$898.52 was quite a shocker.  And I never have the heat higher than 65 (even when it's minus 10 outside).  Because- we have sweaters, corduroy pants and wool socks and down comforters on the bed..  But still- our hands are always cold.....like right now.  Icy fingers.

I fried up Potstickers for husband yesterday for his 3 pm meal. ( mostly because we had spoken harsh words to each other)  I had steamed white rice.  I forgot to add frozen peas to the rice while it rested after cooking.  So.....Just Rice.  I also forgot to add butter.  Sigh. Those words were harsh..... But it was fine....at least we had a meal. And today is another day.  Fresh Page or Slate.

More books have arrived at the library for me- interlibrary loans.  We might drive over and get them. And that's about all for today. I have a Meatloaf Prepared Dinner (from grocery) for my dinner today.  And Cheesecake from the Grocery Bakery.  So...it's a Lovely Day in The Neighborhood.


No comments: