Saturday, January 22, 2022

Daily Notes- Saturday, January 22. Cold but lots of bright sunshine.


 Isn't it Delightful!!!  The Bird Feeders here are full.

My car passed inspection but needed to have the battery charged before and after.  In the cold (with no driving) the battery goes dead.  They did something else- replaced an air filter in the dash.  I got fresh oil. A new filter.  I got my sticker.  All is well, in my tiny tiny World.

The Twins dog is getting neutered this coming week.  I doubt this will change his tactic of dragging the owners down the street.  The dog "pulls".  Riley tried that.  I would wind the leash around my hand and stand and lean back (not on ice covered streets, though).  We would stand.  Like that. Each time he pulled.  He stopped pulling because he wanted to walk.  Sigh.....each dog owner has to learn on his/her own, I guess.  

The breeder of my Riley had one bit of advice.  YOU are in charge.  NEVER the dog.

I think that is true of raising children as well...up to a certain point.  After that, they never listen to you.

So...Football Games today.  We are pretty excited to have something to watch.  Husband opened the new puzzle and is looking for edge pieces.  It's a huge puzzle.  He likes having a selection of activities open to him.  The Daily Jumble puzzle from the paper.  Then Coloring.  Then the  Jigsaw Puzzle.  Then reading his book.  Which reminds me- I need to ask if he needs some of his pencils sharpened.  That's my job.

It's very cold and mid week we called the oil company as we had only a quarter of a tank of heating oil. Our next delivery is Tuesday.  It's very cold.  And each time the furnace goes on- I worry it might be the last time. If husband hadn't looked and told me- I wouldn't have a care in the World regarding the furnace. But now I know and now I am worried as we have no secondary source of heat.  We got rid of the wood stove long ago.

I just take a deep dive into WORRY.  It's my personality type.

No comments: