Saturday, January 29, 2022

Daily Notes- Saturday, January 29th. Blustery Snow Blizzard


 All this Old Bird needs is some red frame eye glasses, a sweater and I can use it for my driver's license.

Late in the evening yesterday- I made a big pot of vegetable soup.  The lead character in the book I am reading spent time, twice, chopping vegetables for soup for her mother who is vegetarian and not feeling well.  And I was thinking, if the power goes out and we are using the generator...then I won't be able to cook on the stove until power is restored.  Microwave will be on the generator.  So I made three quarts of soup.  Using up most of the vegetables in the crisper drawer.  Adding items to the shopping list. Husband has his prepared chicken meals.  I have my soup and my oatmeal which I prepare in the microwave.

Alls well.  George will come to start the generator.  Husband put his back out last time pulling the start cord.  Two years ago. He doesn't remember.

I got up a bit late....when there is nothing to do..I tend to lose the need to get up.  But I did get up and with the secondary thought of the snowstorm- I did a load of laundry (while we had electricity and hot water) to make sure I was stocked up on underpants.

Soup. Generator. Underpants. Books.

The snow, so far, is tiny and hard.  Blowing. Sideways  The wind is the real problem.And power lines going down.  Which is the actual reason they have asked us not to drive- people sliding into power poles with their cars/ trucks with bald tires- and then other cars sliding into the truck and then the power pole. 

 Three inches of hard crunchy snow has accumulated and it's just after 12 noon.  Another 24 hours.  At least that is what husband is reporting.  Mostly White Out conditions out there.  As I look out the window to my left- I can still make out the big tree and the fenced vegetable garden.  The dark items in the yard.  

Newspaper was delivered and the mail came a half hour ago.  In Maine, we just accept these things. I am now going to reheat my coffee and settle into the couch with my book.  Books, Soup and Clean Undies.

No comments: