Sunday, August 15, 2021

Daily Notes Sunday August 14th A Cooler Breeze is blowing outside.


 Yesterday's book.  I cried most of the last third of this book.  And...it's lovely.  Really lovely.  About giving Life a chance even when one is dying. And I am not ruining this for any Reader as it's made clear on the first 3 pages.  Takes place on the island of Elba and everyone is wealthy. Big big yachts.  Movie stars.  Celebrity chefs.  But not so you notice.  They are written down to the bone and blood.  I wouldn't mind renting a sunbed and umbrella on the public beach. And reading this book again and again.  I did turn right back to page one when I got to the end.......just to prove how good it actually is.

The fridge is getting to look bare.  I still have Romaine lettuce.  And a few old but edible carrots.  So today- the Big Salad with the seven cherry tomatoes that grew on the plants (on the front steps) I never put into large pots.. or Stanley Tucci's pasta sauce. And there are baked beans.  And baguette with melted cheese. 

I refuse to surrender and go to the grocery just yet.  There is also canned jackfruit that can be magically transformed into "Pulled Pork".  I always enjoy that on a big salad of greens.  I haven't sorted thru the frozen shelves to see if there is a package of meat.  I know there are packages of chicken thighs for soup.  And packages of dumplings to fry and serve with a soy mirin ginger dip.  There is Food.  Even flour and yeast for Pizza dough. Even cookies. And two full bags of bags of dry pasta in the closet with the vacuum.

I even have all that is needed to make New York Style Cheesecake.  Bountiful when one takes the Time to actually look at what is in the cupboards and fridge.

And a jar as yet unopened of Fudge Sauce.  Which never actually meets up with ice cream as it gets spooned out of the jar and eaten as is.  Tomorrow is daughter's birthday.

No comments: