Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Daily Notes- August 17th. Watering the Trying to Be Grass

The watering is going.  the Garbage and Recycling has been collected.  The mosquitos have bitten my ankle- only the right one- never the left.

Yesterday I dropped off a paper bag of peaches to Ruth and Tom my next door neighbors.  ruth will have here 90th birthday soon.  Last year ruth didn't get Peaches.  I think they were at their oceanfront cottage. So this year, with my limited number of Peaches- Ruth and Tom got the first and most likely, only bag of Peaches. Only fair.

I am reading the follow up book to PS I Love You titled Postscript.  It's got a difficult to read first 50 pages that needed an Editor that could put their foot down and say- "no matter how much you like all these words- they are dull as the Death you are describing".  Some writers listen to comments on their work- others do not.  I was so close to not even reading the rest.....so close.  So I just decided to move ahead and skip reading the tedious, dull, awful pages.  Like that road Trip book.  Skip the first 50 pages.  Get on with it.

I have Hello Kitty duct tape holding the freezer door closed.  A bungie cord sounds awesome. I need to call for appliance support but not sure if they are entering homes right now.  I can see why the wouldn't want to.  There were people sans masks at the grocery giving me the stink eye for wearing one. Summer people.  Soon they will go back to wherever they come from.  Mostly Florida. They come here in August because Florida is too hot.  Well, they come from New York as well.  

The parking on the Maine street is filled with their luxury cars with New York plates.  Up in the camp grounds, it's all Florida.  Maine needs the money.  Maine is an August Whore. Two more weeks and everyone will go back to Florida or New York.

1 comment:

DianeN said...

I went to the grocery store this morning and was gratified to see so many people wearing masks, especially the young mothers with small children. All the people my age (born during the reign of dinosaurs) were masked. Just the young men went without but then they always seem to think they're invincible.