Sunday, August 01, 2021

Daily Notes- August First 2021


 My stack returning to the library tomorrow.  Only the middle one going back unread.  After 20 pages I just slammed the book shut.  Walked away from it.  Characters so disgusting.   The Writing Class became something else as it went on......something dark, sinister.  But still excellently written.  Even when the story doesn't work for me- I love a well written page...so so much.

 Tomorrow at the Library, I may search the W,X,Y,Z fiction shelves and then go to the A,B,C shelves.  After the new shelves and the "you might like this book" shelves.  Then the grocery store.  Fully masked in both venues.  Politics having nothing whatsoever to do with it.  I don't want to make anyone sick- even by accident- nor do I want anyone to share their germs with me.

If COVID goes on into a THIRD YEAR--I'll still be wearing my mask.  

 Is the Planet in danger?   I think it might be.  Could be that the Virus, Fire and Lack of Water, Floods and Mudslides are getting rid of excess people.  To save Earth.  From us.

Counting Down-  49 days until I am 75.

A fresh white blank desktop calendar.  Like the first day of school.  And the first day is top left and the bottom four right squares are unmarked-  My right hand desk drawer is filled with images clipped from magazines.  Glue stick ready.  Fresh White Paper.  One of my all time favorite things.

No comments: