Thursday, August 12, 2021

Daily Notes- August 12th. 87% Humidity at 10am. Sunshine.


 From where I sit and read and watch the tv in upper left corner.  And yes, this is how my living room is furnished.  One couch, two chairs, three lamps, four tables.  I got rid of everything else and COVID keeps me from shopping and trying out new furniture.  The room is THIS BIG. Over to the far right wall are two built in bookcases and a fireplace and the second couch I sit on with two end tables and two more lamps. Against the wall by the side of the tv is my desk and computer where I am sitting right this minute.

That's my husband coloring another mandala in one of his books.  That's a bar height table he got for a few dollars when he worked for Target (someone returned it saying it was defective).  Daughter helped HEAVE it down from the Attic.  The couch is where he plays games on his tablet or reads (and falls asleep).  No- I don't own any curtains. Anywhere in the house.  There are no people.  Really.  There are no people. We see no people.

I have already watered the Almost Thinking About Being Grass and picked and thrown (into the woods) the six or seven peaches the deer or squirrels have taken off the tree over night.  They take one or two bites.  The rest of the peach looks beautiful but.......worthless.

By the TIME the peaches are ripe- there won't be ANY.  I am way way beyond "disturbed" about this. If I can Time it right I could pick and ripen peaches in the house under the microwave plastic dome.  Make at least one Peach Cobbler.  But...I don't see this plan working.  They are still pretty hard.

I watched a new to me station- World by PBS- it is a bit odd looking as it's for a larger screen than I own. But it was about how ancient people saw the stars, moon and sun.  Cave drawings etc.  And Stonehenge. Which took years to build with rocks that seem to have been moved all the way from Wales.  How???? And all pyramid shaped building is aligned to the same co-ordinates.  The Sun rising and setting. Stonehenge also is aligned to the Sun rising and setting.  Early People.

Another program I watched was about Mars.  It has no magnetic core so all the atmosphere and water it had in the beginning drifted out into Space and left it dead. 

I watched all this AFTER watching a nurse describe the situation in a Mississippi hospital. Children with COVID dying-unvaccinated.  Alone without their parents.  And the ER filled and the parking lot filled with ambulances they can't empty.  The nurse said if you call 911- no one will come. Remind anyone of India?????  And this is America.  I just cannot take much more of this stupidity. I also don't want to cry anymore.

No comments: