Saturday, August 21, 2021

Daily Notes- August 21st- 96% humidity. Sunshine.


 Another hot and humid day.  The grass watering is done.  More of the area where I spread grass seeds is now green rather than brown but that isn't saying much.  The humidity during the day and the heat- must be what grass likes?   Or perhaps it just got going because of the mowing.

My left shoulder blade has what seems like a pinched nerve.  When I rotate that shoulder things are unpleasant.  The book from yesterday didn't disappoint as things at the book shop heated up.  If done correctly this would be an amazingly good Hallmark Movie as there was no sex or kissing (which Hallmark avoids) but lots of bickering that was confusing and entertaining.  The lead female character gave as good as she got and stood up for herself.

I haven't selected today's book as yet.  There are 15 books in the pile.

My breathing is less than stellar.  I rest quite a bit.  I didn't watch any news yesterday.  I am reminded of watching something but that might have been the day before.

In reply to Deb's comment: White linen is truly forgiving and doesn't mind a good (light) bleach wash every so often but NOT too often.  I have stopped putting it in the dryer (which sets stains).  Just on a hanger on the four poster.  A bit of hand flattening of wrinkles when still damp.   In the olden days, I starched and pressed. I also pre-treat stains with a hard rub from a bar of brown soap.

That's it for today.  I haven't chosen a book as yet.  Depends on what sort of emotional journey I am interested in. Still working on finishing my morning cup of coffee. A few on the book pile will make me cry.  Another few will make me laugh.  The others are a mix of both.  Some I have read several times already. (in the past few years)  A few are new to me.

There is also a very small, weird cloth I am sewing.  Won't amount to anything but it's something to do.

No comments: