Friday, August 27, 2021

Daily Notes- August 27th. Still August. UGH.


 Image from a friend on the opposite edge of America from my edge. ML

During Biden's address to Nation regarding very recent American Military Deaths.  I cried.  Through the entire thing. Just cried.  Like that day in the Atlanta airport when like 100's of men  (and possibly women) with all their gear walked to board their plane to almost certain death and dismemberment.  The woman who had been my friend since my children were toddlers said "they asked to go why should I care?".  We ended our friendship a year later.  I could hear in my head "they asked to go".  She would never ask to go. They didn't ask to go.

I am reading Beach Colors.  A one dollar choice at Goodwill.  It isn't bad.  I am almost finished. Next up will be one of the books I had to renew.  I'd been hoarding it for a day when I would NEED something excellent.  Today is that day.

The Twin Boys from down the street are back from where ever they went on vacation and the street is filled with their bikes and the bikes of my cross the street neighbor's two grand daughters.  The baby and the 3 year old stay indoors.  It's amazing.  All that energy of young children.  All the noise.  All the Uber food deliveries.  The new husband (last week's groom) was riding his bike with them to supervise.  I told him he had quite a troop with him and he looked overwhelmed.  His first time meeting the Twin Boys.

The Boys are SOMETHING.

I started the day with the shower I should have taken as soon as I got home from having my haircut. Now I have all that product out of my hair.  And my hair is FLAT.   I am still wearing my tent like pink shirt. I like to just wear it in the house.  I found it at Goodwill- An LLBean Linen Camp Shirt in Pink.  Too large- way to large-- but I couldn't leave it behind when it cost only a dollar.  I think, Connie, I intended to ask you to make it smaller but I never did.  

The grass has been watered.  Containers have been watered- just the workshop one left to do. Bills have been paid, stamped and taken to street side mailbox. Watering bottles need filling and I have one load of wash to do- and my Pages- and I will retire for the day unless I decide to change the bed sheets and wash them.. but I doubt I will watch news.  Ancient Aliens this evening for 4 or 5 hours.  I will enjoy that.


No comments: