Monday, August 09, 2021

Daily Notes- August 9th. Muggy. But only 72.


 First Aid.  Husband shaved his index finger nail off with the table saw yesterday afternoon.  So....Joanne- Temporary ER Nurse has been busy.  Good thing I have a very well stocked First Aid Box- a really large plastic container.  I usually have to do the work (first aid) in segments and recline to get my blood pressure back up into my head.  I faint.  But not yesterday.  I cleaned, examined, and washed the wound and then applied meds and then bandaged it.  Then I prepared a luncheon plate with ham and cheese, pickles, chips and lemonade with a straw.

My book for the day was (still is) PS. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern.  Takes place in quite a few Dublin Pubs.  Quite a bit of "over-drinking". The lead character has her husband die before the book starts and she gets one note, with a suggested activity, each month from her dead husband. I'm 2/3rds in and she is just now starting to make a turn around from deep grief.  I think you might like reading this one. It has some laugh out loud moments and I am not a laugh out loud type person. I think I said "Oh no don't do it" last night as I was reading and then laughed out loud when she did it.

I went to the library today to return books and get husband some new ones.  He actually stayed up late to finish the last of the books I had gotten him awhile ago.  He said it was a great book.  I like when he reads.  Good brain exercise.. and he was in recovery from his accident.

I selected books from the WXYZ shelves today and then moved to the LMN section.  I should have gone to ABC.  That's where I found P.S. I  Love You.   But I may need to order from other libraries.  Our library director likes wide open shelving.  Less books. More borrowing. Sigh..

Husband is mowing the lawn with the riding mower set on 3.  So much easier than the walk behind but the grass looks scalped.  I think he might have forgotten to put it on 3.  The guy who mows the lawn for our cross the street neighbor suggested setting the blade a bit higher.  We call him Speed Racer as he cuts the entire front and back in under 15 minutes.  He has a incredible machine that turns on a dime at 50 miles an hour it seems.  I try not to watch.  He says he does LOTS of lawns in a day.  $75 each.  Nice kid. He looks like he's a very tall skinny 14 year old.

I am also in the midst of clearing a slow drain in my bathroom sink.  

2 comments:

me-ml said...

oy!!
you have my admiration, Miss ER!

MariMo said...

Did not read the book, saw the movie though and really liked it.