Monday, August 30, 2021

Daily Notes- August 30th


 We had pizza yesterday for the second half of the Patriots game.  Mine got black around the edges like this one in the photo. And I have a preheated pizza stone so the bottom is crispy.

So, today.  Library.  Dropped off books I know I am not going to read.  Picked up two new reserves and something interesting on the new shelf.  Saw three people I know and had short conversations with them. Grocery store.  Had to use problem solving skills to get the last two boxes of bran flakes which were way way back on the shelf.  No tall women or men to assist.  I used a box of corn flakes to knock the boxes forward. Score.  Milk case was stocked.  Last time it wasn't.

I picked up frozen pizza dough etc for next three weeks of football.  We ran out last night.

I had to go back and forth because- even with my list- I was absent minded.  I forgot onions and then forgot pizza balls.  On opposites sides of store.

We never got any rain.  Clouds and 65 degrees which was welcome.

I changed the bed sheets.  So I have a load of washing machine pages to do today or tomorrow. 

Shoulder blade was painful yesterday but not today.  That's how it goes.

Blue Angels have arrived- WTF- for a big crowded show this weekend.  Great for spreading COVID among the unvaccinated north of us.  Their desired audience.  They fly over my house. So low I can see the pilot's heads. For practice runs.  Thank Goodness Riley isn't here.  We have never gone inside the gates to actually witness the splendor.  Happy with the 600 feet distance between them and us. We may sit out back in lawn chairs. Usually we were trying to provide care to a frightened dog.

1 comment:

DianeN said...

There is a new Louise Penny book that just came out. I thought you might be interested in the latest Gamache.