Tuesday, August 03, 2021

Daily Notes- August 3rd. Sunshine. Watering the "Grass"


 So much of this image is familiar.   The wicker chair.  The box the tree is planted in.  The patio door. The porch.  My porch has a ceiling  which is painted Bahama Blue.  In the old South, porch ceilings were painted blue like the sky.  All the ceiling of my porches have been painted blue.  If I ever get a new kitchen the vaulted two story ceiling will be painted the palest of blues.  If ever......

I watered the peaches and now I have the sprinklers on the non-existent grass.  My daughter said she saw a few thin blades.  She was being kind.

It's cool in here, the AC unit is off right now.  We sampled the Peach Raspberry pie yesterday.  My husband said he liked it because it wasn't "sweet".  Which is strikingly ODD as he has a REAL sweet tooth.  I found the raspberries sort of sour.  And in a pie- mushy.  It was an expensive pie- $25.  If I still had tubs of Greek yogurt in the fridge I would top the yogurt with pie.  But I don't.

I never got any further in the "Jane Austen" "sequel".  I didn't read anything.  I did watch news.  I did write to people on my phone.  I did realize that husband thought today was going to be Wednesday. It is not.  It's Tuesday.  He checked with  me a few times.  Still going to be Tuesday, today.

I am going out for lunch tomorrow with a greenhouse co-worker.  She's on vacation. We always do a long lunch in August and catch up on family and events etc.  Even last August.  We ate at a deli and gave our contact info to the owner in case of a COVID outbreak.  This year we'll have lunch by the ocean out on Mere Point. The place where we will eat has excellent ice cream.  Husband and Riley used to visit the boat ramp.  Riley would swim. Riley loved being in the water. It might be hard for me to be there.  I hadn't thought about the swimming.  But now I have- so I should be prepared for the wave of sadness.  But it might just be happiness.  Who knows.

My son got his birthday card and sent a text "mom, please check the address you have for me-- you have written it wrong on the envelope".  But the card got to him.  Just saying...........  

No comments: