Saturday, August 07, 2021

Daily Notes- Le Creuset Is the Brand. Cast iron but with a finish that doesn't rust and nothing sticks. Really heavy but a great arm exercise..


 My one single rose bush is still making flowers each day.  And it hasn't ever before.  For most of it's life" one blossom per year.  There are at least 6 more on the bush.  So, so pretty and delicate.  But there are thorns.  And Japanese Beetles.

It has been raining or been cloudy the past two days.  Humidity is in the 80% area.  I stay inside.  Today there is sunshine and heat.  I am watering the Not Grass Yet areas.  Deer have been eating Peaches.  Well, they take one bite and then drop the Peach to the ground for the ants.  I sprayed Repells All.  On my self mostly. UGH. I was stinky yesterday. I repelled myself. So much.

Spun the mattress as it's one month late.  Sheets in the dryer.  I wrote in the Pages during the wash- all this before breakfast.  Just wanted it out of the way.  Husband wants to throw away his pajamas.  I asked if he likes wearing them even if they look ragged.  He said yes.  And I asked "then why throw them away?" no one sees them.  Wear what is comfortable.  He took them back.  I suppose daughter can try and find him new shorty pajamas???  Which look like underwear? Knit not cotton.

I gave up on pajamas long ago.  I wear a tee and underpants to bed.

I am reading a Thayer Nantucket Book.  The romance is usually good.  But there is always a main character who is OLD (this one is 70)- it bugs the crap out of me. I'm soon to be 75 and my relatives are not desperate to sell my house (and take the money) and get me into assisted living.  But this might be because I don't have many relatives. There is always a Crock Pot full of some wonderful dinner (every single book), there is the Beach, the Sand, the Yacht Club dances etc etc. and the ever present yachts.And all the men are smart, gorgeous and rich.  Oh, and they can cook.  Fantasy. Fantasy. Fantasy.

But the book was "Breezy" and took up time before Ancient Aliens was on..... and I can laugh at the guy who wears his hair styled straight UP.  And his necklaces.  I forgot to mention his Safari Outfit.   He dresses the same every episode but possibly so they can cut and insert him into any episode without him having to actually "be there". Yesterday was all about "Shape Shifters" from biblical times to now.  I liked the biblical times ART.  It's like Art History class slides. I mostly watch to see the Ancient Art.  Wall Painting etc.  It's all quite lovely. 

And I NEVER feel like I am existing in the correct timeline.  It's been that way forever.  I feel like an Observer.  Always puzzled.  Always wondering about the way people behave...here.  Yep..strange.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Thank you for the brand of the pans. I just purchased a largish pot that ceramic coated cast iron and yes it is VERY heavy but I do love it. :)