Thursday, August 05, 2021

Daily Notes- August 5th- Raining- so no hose watering today!!!!


 Next to a sprinkler head in the "grass growing  project"- yesterday--a tiny pink petunia.  From when? From where? - Husband says "Bird poop". Okay.

Raining today.  Just drizzle but everything wet and the sky is "rain" so......house lights on.  Thankful for yesterday.  The sun. The company.  The ocean.

News on tv- I watched yesterday.  It was HORRIBLE.  Today- I will not watch.  Maine is one of the few "safe" States- 70% vaccinated.  At the Ocean yesterday, no masks.  But I expected it to be that way... just because this is Maine.  And people from AWAY are here from Florida etc..... and nothing more to say about that.

I stitched a little cloth.  Not a square.  More like a small landscape drawing in cloth.  I left all the edges flat and uneven- no quarter inch turn under.  I can see it, eventually matted and framed.  A Cloth Drawing. It felt right.  Cloth has felt like a struggle lately.  So, this- a sort of sewn, layered cloth painting- seems more right than anything.  My neighbor framing all my fabric greeting cards- seeing that--has changed my perception of the work.  I had been trying too hard to be something else.  Now...I'll just relax and do weird cloth things.  Because that feels more genuine.  Weird Cloth.  Abstract Cloth.  I was always more of a painter.

I was always saying I would paint in my older years.  But I still put it off.  75 next month.  time to just start doing and not putting stuff off anymore.  Weird Cloth and Watercolors.  Next thing you know- I'll want to live on a Maine Island all Summer.  Out in the Ocean.  Well water and no electricity. No!!!! I like indoor toilets and showers too much.  But I can see my daughter liking the island life. She even likes tents.

Tried three books.  Stopped reading pretty quickly.  They go back today and I pick up two on reserve. Which was why I had Time to make a small cloth.  A lack of words to read.

No comments: