Thursday, July 08, 2021

Daily Notes-Thursday July 8th. Muggy, Damp, Humid.


 I did some sewing last night.  Easier than reading.  This last book by the author of the previous two I just finished- is too cluttered with over educated people, drinking too much etc etc.  Even with Law and Order on the tv- I was restless and quite bored.  I'm wondering if I should just stop and read something else.

Today-- not much going on.  Damp outside.  Husband has gone down the hall to do his exercises.  He'll listen to music and then possibly fall asleep after the list of exercises is finished.

I was up late yesterday and up early this morning.  Sort of "at loose ends".  I think I was this way last July and possibly any other July.  It's a nothing month.  At the very end my son has his birthday. Which is a lovely day. Remembering him arriving two weeks early- induced- as my doctor said if we waited he'd fall out of me onto the kitchen floor.  Two hours after being induced.  All eight pounds plus a few ounces arrived.  Not looking like a newborn at all.  Ready to go. Always wanting to move on to new things- rolling over, standing up, walking, falling onto his face etc etc.  Places to go. Things to do.

There are a few items I might be thinking about changing on several of the small cloth works pinned to the wall across from the dining room table.  It's been awhile since they communicated needs and wants to me. One seems to want an addition of a border to one side.  Which is doable.  Another, I think, wants to be larger.  I only ever look at that wall at breakfast.  Sigh.  Been neglecting the cloth pinned up.

Peaches (unripe and not fully grown) keep falling off the two trees.  Will be lucky to even be able to share with the neighbors.

No comments: