Saturday, July 03, 2021

Daily Notes- July 3rd- Saturday. It's Saturday. I lose track. Damp, Cool, might Rain


 I saw this somewhere and loved the idea of it.  Mexican Grilled Corn, Chicken, Cheese, Avocado, Tomato, Pomegranate Seeds (at first look I thought black beans.)  Pickled jalapeño.

I was reading yesterday.  Mostly.  The tennis is blah. The fallen down building is hardly mentioned. The Trump indictment........still iffy and when my chosen news stations switch to Congress- I move to something else.

In "Here At Home" news- my computer has lost my Home Page.  First I lost my weather app.  Then the Moon app. Now I have lost the horoscope app and the Reuter's news app.  I have been offered help- by email- to go to the Apple App and purchase new items.  No.  I just won't have a Home Page.  It's either than my weakening system can no longer open these items or that they were free and aren't anymore.  I liked having the weather app.  Looking at the storms crossing the US.  I didn't read the horoscope app news regarding myself very often.  Usually, on my birthday.

It's okay.  I am getting used to losing parts of myself.  Shedding.  I'm pretty sturdy and bulky so the shedding has years to go before I disappear. Completely.

I am reading Alphabet Weekends.  British author Elizabeth Noble.  Type is smaller than usual and lightly inked.  It's difficult for me to read. These two have know each other for years- next door neighbors as children.  He wants to finally have a relationship in his late 30's.  She has just ended a long relationship that she thought would end in marriage.  It did not.  He has suggested 13 weekends with activities following the alphabet.  He does one, she suggests the next.  We just finished B and she took him to the Ballet. He has chosen canoeing for C.  A had something to do with a harness and repelling  down a cliff.

I chose it because for Rom-com it has an interesting premise.  Alphabet Weekends..  I can see it being very entertaining with other authors.  Beach Read did something like this.  Alternating activities. I am just realizing that the alternating activities was central to Beach Read.  There are three other, unrelated couples cluttering up the Alphabet pages.  I'm giving this book another hour or two and then moving on to something else less complicated and cluttered.  And I think I should move back into murder mysteries for the rest of the Summer.  Jane Harper's newest is out and on the 7 day shelf at the library.  She has the ability to scare me witless.

No comments: