Monday, July 12, 2021

Daily Notes- I missed a day. And didn't realize until just now. Wow.


 Well. I am certainly mystified.  I missed a day on Daily Notes.

I had waffles again.  The batter had gotten a bit more "sour" so I added more syrup.  I went to the grocery store twice since I last wrote to you.  I needed Tylenol PM in order to sleep.  And ...well...let's just say I was often surprised yesterday to find my eyes and cheeks wet.  I wasn't feeling sad.  I must have just needed to release tears.

The bedroom fan stopped working.  I found a much smaller one in the guest bedroom and balanced it on the bedroom window sill.  At night, it's cool outside still.  And I open the window and let the fan bring in fresh night air.  This morning, it's humid, getting ready for the rain that is coming.  So windows are closed and AC units are running.  To "get ahead of it".

Yesterday I finished one book and began another- this book was from the "Take it- It's Free" carts out in front of the library.  Name Dropping by Jane Heller.  Two women in the same New York apartment building.  Same name.  One in the penthouse and one a kindergarten teacher.  An interesting premise. The teacher pretends to be the Penthouse woman and goes on a blind date with a handsome man..  Then the Penthouse woman ends up dead.  The book could have used another good edit.  Loose ends that were needed for the ending etc..... but an interesting plot line.

I cried my way thru the last 50 pages of Jane in Love.  So much so that I had to stop reading. And now I have the book on my list for the local independent book store in Town.  I am buying books. Well, I am ordering books.  They don't carry romances but are more than willing to order and sell them to me. 

I am stocking up for the next Pandemic Shutdown.  Which I know will happen.......... especially in a State where so many refuse to be vaccinated or wear masks.  Our hospital numbers continue to rise each day.  All unvaccinated.  And...sigh...a Trump wannabe is returning from Florida trying for a third term as Governor.  We might need to move.

No comments: