Saturday, July 24, 2021

Daily Notes- July 24- Saturday. Wow.


 In the House.   And Daughter reads the blog so went right to the cupboard and got a handful. She did three used book sales this morning and then took me to Reny's and JoAnn's and Goodwill.  I wore my mask.  We got coloring books and word search books for Gary. I think she wants the bookcase in the sewing room for her house.  She has a serious amount of books. Which she reads.

It was fun and I got to drive so that made it even more EXCITING as I had to pull out into a five lanes on all sides intersection.  I usually go the back way but missed the turn.

They didn't have Chicken Parm dinners so Gary has Spaghetti and Meatballs and General Tso's chicken dinners.  He's "making do".  I had one slice of turkey and six slices of super thin Swiss for his lunch plate with homemade refrigerator dill pickles and chips.  I had a bowl of Bran Flakes and milk. I actually have nothing in the fridge to eat.  The Hot Dogs that didn't get bought.  I didn't have an alternative planned.

Oh- another great thing....... we saw one in the parking lot at the shopping center and another as we (I ) was turning onto the street after Goodwill.  Same car as mine- just as old, same color.  And we all waved at each other in wild and happy abandonment.  Still on the road. After all these years.

I was a bit shell shocked going into stores.  I don't want to get used to it- as the COVID is coming back again and even those of us vaccinated can get it.  Weaker...won't kill us..but we could get it.

Saddest thing- made me cry......people, NOT vaccinated in hospital being put on ventilators- asking begging to be vaccinated.  Forty and fifty years old.  Doctors says-- "It's too late."  Sigh.................

1 comment:

deemallon said...

Also awful: people losing a close family member and then realizing they should get vaccinated.